Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PD's(PaD's) patch. Wishlist
I'm going to try and place these things in some kind of priority order, granded i can't decide who wants what, and who would find what useless, so most of it is in my order, taking into account what i think most people want. this is why I'm going to split it up into sections of high, medium and low prioritys, placing most of the complex or difficult to implement stuff in the medium and low priority groups. first listed is what i think he should add first. It'll probably need a lot of updating.

note, this patch is probably going to be massive. heres another example of such a patch, take a look at version history to see the kind of things the patch can do, it started off with minor alterations like this, and now adds entire new blocks of code for brand new features. http://www.ttdpatch.net/ I'm just sugesting you should look at it for ideas of exactly how much is possible. also, someone went as far to write the whole game again, its called openttd, requires files from the original game to work, so i supose that gets around the copyrights in a way.

a lot of impossible, already possible, and double wishes removed.

Highest Priority Probably Easiest
*Breaking of the 100-unit-limit

*Fixing the 74-unit-bug, aka whiteboy bug

*More IFV-modes (and more IFVs, as the turret-changing code is now locked to the FV unit)
:Another independant IFV or two would be useful (one for each side), as would a few more turrets (including additional graphic entries for them) //Blade

*More Armor types

*Enabling of SuperWeapon-related stuff, re-enabling of the Ion Cannon and the Chem Missile logic in particular

*Allowing Rad/Chrono/Mag Beams to have a custom color
:This would be nice as a global option. But better yet, have it customizable on individual weapons. //Marshall

*Add new colors to the Skirmish menu color lists [pd]

*Revival of the Laser Fence logic

*Restoring the Veins logic

*A working EMP-effect

*Fixing of the "Tank Bunker only allows ground locomotor units" issue (it should allow hover locomotor too).

*Fixing of the "The number of AllyParaDropNum= entries also sets the number of Soviet Spy Planes to be used for Spy Plane Superweapon" issue

*Re-enabling the Ice1Set, Ice2Set, IceShoreSet and TrainBridgeSet tilesets - Useful for the TX

*Allowing paradrops to consist of units as well as infantry

*More V3 style missiles

*Making Spotlights possible

*Make Ore Refinery Storage work again and re-enable the Silo logic - but only if it can be optional!

*Fix various hardcoded YR bugs. See http://marshall.cannis.net/yr1002.htm for list.

*Drainlogic (DrainWeapon=yes) to work with ranged weapons.
:Eh? //Blade
Big Grinrain currently only works on jumpjets which are hovering atop of the target. //DC

High Priority Very much wanted, but not as easy
*Allowing "PoweredUnit/PowersUpBuilding" to have a set of values, not just one.
this also required more than 1 oe each because even whan you have seperate buildings for each powered unit, it still does it. also PrerequisiteProcAlternate= only works properly with 1 entry.

*Moving stuff like "OpenToppedRange/Damage/UrbanCombatRange/" and similar from [General] to each unit, and using the [General], or its own header entry only as defaults (Like [Jumpjet controls] is now)

*Third Weapon if possible
:Yay! Tertiary= and EliteTertiary= //Marshall

*Add more veterancy stages support, not just rookie, vet and elite. 5 would be good, including Elite2Primary and secondary, same with Elite3, Elite2Abilities, same with Elite3. The name are, of course, on your own. Also I would like to see VeteranPrimary= and VeteranSecondary=.[Big Jah]

:not forgetting VeteranTertiary= Wink

*Make adding sound effects easier(maybe in a mix file instead of audio.bag).

*Fixing of the "TIBMINExx is hardcoded to spawn xx entry from [Tiberiums]" issue, preferably changing xx to an INI-controlled value

*Make a few extra Super Weapons that can be set to any weapon requested.
:Chem missle super uses a normal weapon that could be customised //Blade
:Same with EMPulseCannon code // DC

*Reenable cloak detection sensors on buildings from SensorArray=yes.

*Fix "BaseUnit=AMCV,SMCV,PCV" because only read the first 3 MCVs, if "BaseUnit" accept more MCVs could be solved the 'Short Game' bug.
:the part that determines who gets what works for as many as you want. but only the first 3 are classed as a "BaseUnit" as in, "Player is alive in short game if this unit is owned.". I'm sure you already knew that.//bobaingabout

*Engineers can't have working conventional weapons. Would be nice if they could. Vehicle Thieves have to force-move on their hijack target if they are an Engineer as well.

*UseOwnName=true cannot be used on a VehicleType (only InfantryTypes). Any vehicle placed inside an IFV will cause the IFV to have a name of "Rocket IFV" (or Repair/Machine Gun if IFV mode 1/2/3).

*Another paradrop

*More flexible Gatling logic
*Allow the use of less or more steps for the gattling logic. More or less weapons ...
:Also, see why it works on buildings and units, but not inf. havn't tried aircraft. see if you can make it work for all types.

Medium Priority wanted, but not easy, or not very wanted, and easy.
*Fully working third campaign-button
:Needs animation links as well as some button repositioning that resource hacker can't alter //Blade
:can i request a 4th compain button? or how about some kind of drop down menu that selects the campain with a go button so you can have as many as you want. if you get extra sides working, I'm going to need 4 mission sets eventually.//bobingabout

*More "special" mouse-cursors, like C4 or the SW-cursors (if possible, this should be implemented via tags, pointing to exact mouse.shp frames to use, like [Weapon]AttackCursor=start_frame,end_frame; [Unit]Move/Deploy/EnterCursor= )

*A pseudocode of how the AI works/carries out scripting actions would be really interesting, and aid AI modders in debugging their AI scripts (like more explanations of action 63,0, among other stuff). Also, an adjustment of several AI shortcomings (such as inability to "attack enemy vehicle called ' ''XXXX'' ' ")

*Adding "AlternateArctic/Urban/weArt" to units as well as infantry
:Not sure messing with this would be a good idea, certainly not a priority IMO //Blade

*Enable unused EVA voices
:Which ones, some can be used in maps anyhow //Blade

*Fix Carryall Logic for Hind.
:Its not broken, vehicles can't use the CarryAll tag since they are not aircraft //Blade
:He means the voxel Z-shifting into the map after paradropping //DC

*Fix Debris Logic/Improve it

*If possible a tag to have permanent mindcontrol like with Psychic Dominator.

*Warheads other than Fire3 being able to be applied to animations properly

low Priority wanted, but not at all easy

*Improve random map generator so it uses more tilesets (desert, lunar) and places more civilian stuff [pd]

*4th and more faction logic
:sidec04 is the default for a 4th side already (if there was a 4th side), but it should be optional which sidebar to use (just like sidec03.mix is now optional for Yuri). Best option would be to have a SidebarMix=[integer] flag in rules for each side - a modder could have maximum control over which side uses what, without having to add copies of existing sidec mix files.
Almost full List of what this would require file by BobingAbout
file new 1.

*Make a working Mobile Gap Generator (which doesn't need to deploy) [pd]

*A mod filter facility for internet games (and LAN too I suppose). presumably reading a value from rulesmd.ini to determine mod name. Doubt this is possible but it's a wish none the less.
:This might be possible, but might need server side logic to use it too i.e. Olaf might need to be involved //Blade

*Re-enable the Firestorm super 'weapon' (probably takes more work than the super's that are just weapons)...its a perimeter fence that when activated blocks anything from penetrating it.

*Rumor has it that NonVehicle=yes does not actually block Vehicle Hijackers, it just gives a no entry cursor and still lets them hijack...this needs fixing.

*NonVehicle=yes also needs to prevent the Tote action (carryall logic) from grabbing the unit too.

*Implement the 'Webby' logic from TS:FS where an infantry shot with it gets imobilised and a webbed animation plays over it (like the infantry got caught in a police net or something). Its from the Cyborg Reaper, but could have many other uses in YR mods.

*Implement 'Limpet' logic from TS:FS where a weapon fired from a structure removes the structure (like a land mine) and attaches a spy feature to the enemy unit so you can see where it goes, even into shrouded areas.

*Enable Multi-Engineer logic from TS and RA1 (and maybe put it in game options?)(More Engineers needed to capture a building)

*Enable Fog Of War from TS and RA1 (Working tag in [MultiPlayerDialogSettings])
:Check this out http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.p...8819#58819 FOG does Work //Cmrd Spike
:no it doesn't, it works the same way shroud works now, what we need is the fog to constantly regrow so you can only see where your units are, but the shroud doesn't regrow, so you can always see what you've revealed.

*Allow unit to fire two weapons at the same time.
:also, try allowing secondary to be fired instead of always primary if secondary will do more dammage. this is usefull for example a sniper gun that hurts only infantry, and a cannon that hurts everything. currently you have to place sniper first, which makes force firing on trees fire sniper gun, which has no effect on trees, when the secondary cannon would blow them up//bobingabout

*Allow Crewed= to work with non infantry types.
:Crewed is boolean. Yes or no. Presumably you want the global value to accept VehicleTypes. What might be useful though, is to allow BuildingTypes to specify what type of infantry (or vehicle) will emerge from that particular building. Not that I think it's possible. //Marshall

*Enable the extra Floater-style locomotion from Firestorm-- this might be a pain in the ass to do ... and make it so more than one of this movement types can be defined though, rather than it being a single, global value

*Air units (helicopters) with rotors that spin slower or stop if landed, and constantly spin while they fly via body HVAs (might be too hard to figure out?)

*Air units with turrets

*Any way to optimize cloaking code or speed it up

*Temporal particles?

stuff I've not looksed at yet

*A control for tiberium damage from Ore/tiberium .. TibDamage= or something to the effect

*Tiberium dammage/heal

*Cloaking aircraft

*Clone "CloakSound=" (in rulesmd.ini) to add another cloaking or decloaking sound or the possibility of add a "CloakSound=" to each unit/infantry to hear a lot of differents cloak/decloak sounds, and using the [AudioVisual] entry only as defaults.

*2-5 weapons in one click or in the Primary= or Secondary= [genobreaker ]

*Enabling Spysat= or any building fuctions for Upgrade system in buildings [genobreaker]

*Infantry to vehicle repair(also Infantry to building and so on)
:Already works using Particles //DC

*Allow to Change unit health bar.

*Allowing carryalls to pick up enemy vehicles, acting possibly in the same way as the 'advanced carryall' in Emperor: Battle for dune (Lands on enemy vehicle and has a delay before being able to move the unit). Preferably added using a seperate tag to allow use of the original carryall funtions.

*Making a new type of Ore. And Re-enabling Visceroids [genobreaker]

*The TS Amphibious APC Logic.

*Enable SecretAircraft= logic in Secret Lab, so country aircrafts can be available by this tech structure (when all sides own an airfield building)

*Enable multiplier stuff from Countries to be accessable through buildings

*Unit upgrades, if it's possible (basing on some unused EVA in RA2/YR, with Unit Upgraded)
:Highly complicated IMO //DC

*Add alternate radiation, so new color of it will be possible, or make radiation color changeable in weapon types or warheads
:Like maybe a blue radiation that could heal things instead of damage. I would of thought that adding a second type of radiation with a new set of global values should be possible. //Marshall

*Enable VehicleTypes to deploy into VehicleTypes in addition to default BuildingTypes. Or enable deploying vehicles (such as Seige Chopper) to adopt traits other than just the "Image=" from the rulesmd entry for the UnloadingClass "dummy" object. [Ragnarok]

*Paradropping Pilots from Aircrafts that has Its veterancy of the Aircraft (Like in Generals) Thief Logic [genobreaker]
:very nice. maybe possible by 'Crewed=yes', then 'AlliedCrew=PILOT SovietCrew=PILOT ThirdCrew=PILOT' and then make some tag to the [PILOT] like 'IsPilot=true' that give him an ability to enter your vehicle to set it with his veterancy //C001 DuDe

*A new Slave miner type that when its destroyed the infantry miners will be offline (a drone miner)

*Infantrys that can be powered [genobreaker]

*Making the Slaves of the slave miner will be take control [genobreaker]

*New warhead immunities.(Just like ImmuneToPoison=yes/Poison=yes). For example: ImmuneToNewImmunity1=yes/NewImmunity1=yes [Marshall]
:This is probably easier than adding new armor types. //Marshall
:The purpose of the immunities is different to the purpose of armor types. Armor types are for altering the way battle damage is applied between units, immunity is for different units avoiding certain types of weapon but still taking normal battle damage differently. //Blade
:True, but my point was more that one of the reasons for adding new armor types (certainly not the main reason) was for better immunity control. Given that new immunities are probably easier to add than new armor types, pd might consider investigating this first. Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer new armor types. //Marshall
:Creative use of immunities gives way to lots of possibilities. I use strange combos in Tiberian Fate, for one example, to control whether or not a SAM site will have slightly faster and longer range versus very quick aircraft. I'd like to see more, it makes for interesting cases for weapons use, and lets you have a whole "class" of weapons in a way //Chronojam
:These weapon immunities will also be useful if certain types of weapon effect are re-created too such as EMP (have emp immune units) //Blade

*Re-enable the Meteor/Ion storm logic(From Tiberian Sun) //C001 DuDe
:Meteors can be made to work through map triggers if you put the animations back into the game that are missing in RA2/YR, the ion storm became the weather storm superweapon BTW. //Blade

*Deformable ground (like in Tiberian Sun)

*Tooltips (Like in Generals)

*Make a definable amount of paradrops. Current is 4, 3-are side specific, 1 special, with some tricks 1 more side specific paradrop could be added. Or at least add more specials. And also add a line to define what AircraftType will be dropping THIS paradrop. [Big Jah]

*Make CloakSound= definable in [UNIT] to make different sounds for subs and stealth units. [Big Jah]
:I'll second this one. //Blade

*Add additional (optional) Strength= like bar to imitate power shield. Add animations when recieving damage when shield is alive if possible. - something like: HasShield=yes/no; if yes Shield=numeric like strength - this should also hang up some additional pips in pip.shp if possible; DamageAnim=work exacty like DamageSound= (plays when hit) but anim. [Big Jah]

*Making CaptureTheFlag=true work as in RA1. [Big Jah]

*Make the unit***.pal, affected by the colour of the light, it is already affected by ambient, as opposed to the iso***.pal, which is affected by both. [spider-man_2099]

*Allow InfantryTypes' DeathAnims= send player info to the animation(s) so that player-owned MakeInfantry is supported. [Marshall]
:Similarly, get player info sent to animations invoked by weapons, warheads and building animations. //Marshall

*Fix VehicleThief and Thief logic (currently, you need both to get hijackers to work but the infantry can then enter refineries to no effect)

*Re-enable RA1/TS campaign map selection stuff (probably not possible and way too much work for very few people who would use it, but might as well add it)
:Me and DeeZire played around with this ages ago and its really complicated to use and would risk breaking the existing progression system. //Blade

*Make it so veinholes and destroyable cliffs can be destroyed with normal weapons (not just railguns)
:Veinholes always were destroyable by other weapons and AFAIK never have worked in RA2...cliffs being destroyed would be good though Smile //Blade

*Modify Spawn Logic to allow for the spawning of VehicleTypes not just AircraftTypes.

* Increased flexibility of slave logic: expanded range of units can have slaves (eg. ambulance with medics etc.) [nokunbash]

* Increased flexibility in powered logic: control centre handles more than just robot tanks. [nokunbash]

* Re-implimentation of fire logic. [nokunbash]
Big Grino you mean OnFire logic?//BJ

* Fix the PrismSupportModifier bug (if a [General] section is declared on a map and a value is not defined there, the value is set to infinite or something)
:The same applies to a [General] section in a mode file. //Marshall
:The same applies to other sections in maps/modes. For example: editing an InfantryType causes it's Pip= and OccupyPip= values to be messed up. //Marshall
:It would be nice, even if they can't all be fixed, to know all the things that a mode file will mess up if specific sections are mentioned. //Marshall

* Seperate the ring animation that plays when the Mutator is fired from the one used by the ion cannon effect (either map triggered or hopefully the full superweapon in the future). Currently both are controlled by the IonRing= statment IIRC.

*Weather storm made able disable certain units/weapons as the ion storm did in TS.
:That what i talked about in "Re-enable the Ion storm logic".I concur//C001 DuDe

*MakeVehicle (like MakeInfantry).. suppose I wanted to turn a target into a terror drone, or a dolphin into something else, or have a special weapon that will turn a tank into a weaker / more powerful version (some weapon that merely rips the turret off, for example)

*Get the Ammo system to work with infantry and buildings. Presently, it only works with vehicles and aircraft. [Marshall]

*Add new veteran/elite abilities that make use of immunities. Eg: "VEIN_PROOF" gave the unit ImmuneToVeins=yes (veins immunity doesn't work anymore, btw). I would like to see "RAD_PROOF" as a veteran ability that gave the unit ImmuneToRadiation=yes.
:ImmuneToVeins=yes does work, it makes units immune to the effects of a weapon that uses a warhead defined throughout the rules.ini as being the veinhole warhead. //Blade

*Create secondary Psychic Reveal with new 'ready' and 'activate' sound (ex. for Allied Spy Sat SW)
:You can already create side specific EVA comments for the ready sound (WW must have added the feature after the voice's were recorded), I've made one for Sofia (since she says 'Reveal' in another bit of speech) but unless you know the actor and actress for Yuri's EVA and Allied Eva to say 'Reveal', making those will be more difficult. //Blade

*Reenable 'Toggle Power'
:Action=TogglePower still works, and the problems can be solved with Type=ForceShield...

*Create copy of Spy Plane which would be able to use assault weapon (ex. for Airstrike)

*Re-enable amphibious alternate VXLs for when crossing between land and water, like it was in TS

*Allow <Player@X> to be used as the side parameter correctly for more trigger events and actions and for <Player@X> to be a valid trigger owner (warning, this may be quite easy or exceptionally difficult). Player@X allows you to pass a player side based on starting waypoint to trigger events and actions on a multiplayer map, allowing you to have various scripted things happen to a specific player.

*having 2 PKT files makes some maps get listed ingame twice. can you fix this?//bobingabout

*The use of HoverPad=yes causes an Internal Error if the AI uses a Nuke or Weather Storm. This is a pain because the HoverPad=yes can be used to make hover units land on service depots and, better yet, allows an airpad to come with a free aircraft - but we can't use it because of the damned IE!

*True Air-to-Air combat
:This was never in any C&C and implementing it might break other logic...get other stuff done first IMO //Blade

*Adjusting the flight locomotor to allow non-VTOL behaviour. - RA1 aircraft movement
:Messing with Locomoter behaviour is not a good idea IMO, could break stuff //Blade
The gag of the wishlist at ModEnc is that it is centralized and editable by all, meaning

a) This list defeats the purpose, as it is burrowed in some forum, and only editable by you and the moderators, and
b ) nothing would have stopped you from re-ordering the actual wishlist at ModEnc in the same way.

Thread closed.

[Link to ModEnc-Wishlist]

P.S.: L33t, a patch for Transport Tycoon Deluxe!
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.