Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
This is weird, wood bridges work fine for me, even with the latest patch installed.
The bridges work unpredictably or it deepens on what and where you bridges are.
the bridge hacks are removed and it all should work fine again now.

I need information about the new taunts.
is there an internal error if the files are missing or is there always one?
[Image: jsfml.png]
aparantly "there is an internal error if the files are missing" however, i was recently talking to someone who told me that it IEs, even if the correctly named and formated files are in the taunts folder. i havn't been on a network game in ages, and since YR on my other computer is from TFD, i won't be till i get 1.08.
What about the original taunts? What if they're missing? Also, should we establish a community policy on mods adding/replacing taunts?
Is there anything I should be adding in to the Clean Up program (I plan to update it soon anyway)?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
lol, it doesn't matter if a file is missing or not...
jonwil needed to push another argument to make the second number in the filename work but he forgot to update the stack properly after that operation... so any call of the new taunts would cause an IE.
the taunts will be fixed in 1.08.

why would you update the clean up program, it just cleans up everything that's not part of the original installation, doesn't it? and the original installation doesn't change...
The Clean Up program has several options that are not enabled by default (maps, TX, saves, screenshots, etc)
wav files have a separate option in case you have loose soundtracks
Backup before delete is another option

I plan to update it to give even finer control, list the files, recognise the Rock Patch, recognise the new YVS format I have started implementing, and even allow custom items to integrate (part of the MIM).

As I'm updating it anyway, I was just wondering if there's anything regarding taunts (or anything else) that I need to consider. Sorry this is a bit off topic but as taunts were mentioned I thought it would be wise to get some input.
--Lysdexia

well, the taunt filename format is
gamemd.exe Wrote:taunts\tau%02d%02d.wav
so every file with that name format is a mod file which can be deleted.

BTW, RockPatch will deliver expandmd02.mix with it, if there's no complication with other mods/"patches" (like the TX).
I'd be OK taking another number.

Oh, and since I'm adding strings:

this version of the patch will add GUI: PlaceUrbanAreas and STT: PlaceUrbanAreas.

English:
GUI: "Urban areas"
STT: "Toggle on/off the generation of urban areas."

German:
GUI: "Städte"
STT: "Erstellung von Städten ein/ausschalten."

French:
???

Korean:
???

Chinese:
???

Translations, please Smile (no online-translator-translations...)
Oh, and please correct the German or English version if I did something wrong with them (e.g. I'm not sure about "the generation" and maybe the German thingy should be "ein-/ausschalten").

The TX Terrain expansion uses expandmd06.mix and expand06.mix

The CX Civilian expansion uses ecachemd06.mix and ecache06.mix If I ever get done with it.
expandmd02.mix should be fine. I don't think any project had plans to use it except for the proposed community mod-patch which I don't think is going to hapen now. We can always use 03 or whatever if we decide to pick that up again.

As for the English strings I think...
GUI: "Place Urban Areas"
STT: "Check to have the random map generator place some urban areas."
...would be more in keeping with the sound of the existing interface strings.
--Lysdexia

The comunity patch would ideally be merged with an installation of the rockpatch anyhow to provided additional bug fixes that don't need the exe patch IMO.
You could always check ModEnc.

RE: German translation: "ein-/ausschalten" would be the grammatically correct version, but IMO "ein/ausschalten" works just as fine and looks better.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
very good,and what time it could be download?
Quote:very good,and what time it could be download?

you'll see then

I Wrote:no estimates anymore...

BTW, after a chat with Blade I figured how to make the RMG not place curves as road ends any longer. Smile
Why to not use RP.MIX or RockPatch.Mix?Smile
It is simple enough also it does not conflict with anythingSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!