Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE related to Nuke
Well, I have been testing SS a little more lately, and have found that despite my work to pinpoint the problem, I have still not rooted out the source of the Nuke bug.

It always occurs right at when the mssile starts going down on its target, or a instant crash when launching a crate nuke.

I dont understand why it happens but I just ran ExceptChecker, and it could find it either.

I have checked the image coding for the nuke, and the rules, and they seem to be intact, matching the clean copy I have.

I have attached the except.txt file from my latest test.

Attached Files
.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">except.txt (Size: 24.67 KB / Downloads: 374)
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
your custom nuke:
this problem *should* lie on your end.
Check the Payload weapon. it must be used by some dummy unit (which has an entry in the unit lists, too!)

the crate nuke:
this is a problem jonwil didn't think of when coding the nuke - and there's no reason to blame him for that.
It's gonna be fixed in 1.08!
[Image: jsfml.png]
This is the original nuke. I have not made my mod compatible with the Rock Patch yet.
The crash comes right when the NKMSLDN image is supposed to come down, which I have made sure is fully functional.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
hm, your except.txt is the result of a crate nuke right?
OK, that's fixable.

can you also post an except of an "original" nuke please?
afaik, all problems were fixed... well... apparently not...
[Image: jsfml.png]
No, it is the result of a normal silo nuke. I watched the missile leave the silo, go up to the point where the NKMSLUP disappears, and then it gave me an IE.

Today I will get a sample of the crate nuke bug, and maybe do another deep search of the rulesmd and artmd ini files to see if there is a simple typo.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
Update:
Deep search of rules and art ini files have confirmed that there is not any typos.
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website