Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: IE related to Nuke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I have been testing SS a little more lately, and have found that despite my work to pinpoint the problem, I have still not rooted out the source of the Nuke bug.

It always occurs right at when the mssile starts going down on its target, or a instant crash when launching a crate nuke.

I dont understand why it happens but I just ran ExceptChecker, and it could find it either.

I have checked the image coding for the nuke, and the rules, and they seem to be intact, matching the clean copy I have.

I have attached the except.txt file from my latest test.
your custom nuke:
this problem *should* lie on your end.
Check the Payload weapon. it must be used by some dummy unit (which has an entry in the unit lists, too!)

the crate nuke:
this is a problem jonwil didn't think of when coding the nuke - and there's no reason to blame him for that.
It's gonna be fixed in 1.08!
This is the original nuke. I have not made my mod compatible with the Rock Patch yet.
The crash comes right when the NKMSLDN image is supposed to come down, which I have made sure is fully functional.
hm, your except.txt is the result of a crate nuke right?
OK, that's fixable.

can you also post an except of an "original" nuke please?
afaik, all problems were fixed... well... apparently not...
No, it is the result of a normal silo nuke. I watched the missile leave the silo, go up to the point where the NKMSLUP disappears, and then it gave me an IE.

Today I will get a sample of the crate nuke bug, and maybe do another deep search of the rulesmd and artmd ini files to see if there is a simple typo.
Update:
Deep search of rules and art ini files have confirmed that there is not any typos.