Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community
Can you seriously be demotivated by positive claims about NPatch?
I've been immune to that since
VK Wrote:I always test only basic things; I assume that other bugs will be found by community.
Seriously. Using "NPatch" and "stable" in the same sentence is a joke.
And if 0.1 P1 is unstable, I have yet to hear about it. Maybe he's talking about the exact reason we're trying to keep testing versions out of sight - morons judging Ares by unstable builds.

I did find m666's post rather enlightening, though. If the community truly "lol[s] at Ares due to the way it's developed", then I am more than proven in my suspicion that the majority of modders today is simply too dumb for Ares.
I mean, seriously: We're talking about basic development practices like not randomly releasing untested, buggy builds of shit, using source control, and actually tracking bugs.
If not developing like a bunch of drunk monkeys with no understanding of quality is a laughing matter to the community, I rather doubt they'll be capable of using Ares effectively anyway, only substantiating that we're wasting our time.
It's understandable, though...the comprehensive manual, with the list of over 160 bugfixes and features in 0.1 alone, can be a little overwhelming. No comparison to NPatch's "manual".

In addition, so far, this turned out exactly as predicted/expected; I appreciate the "verbal" support, and I understand that you've all got lives, too, but the fact of the matter is: If nothing changes, nothing changes.
It would be nice if more people actually tested, but that still wouldn't fix the core problem of the community not giving a shit.

Even if a few of you helped with the manual, took screenshots, etc...if the moronic majority not only doesn't care, but actually laughs about efforts to offer more quality than the endless collection of crashes and inconsistencies that NPatch was...why continue?
They can happily celebrate the anniversaries of NPatch's best crashes features every year, while we can focus on something with a less complicated development base, less headaches, more fun, and more long-term value.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community - by Renegade - 06.11.2010, 20:39:17