In Ares 0.5
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul
WoRmINaToR Wrote:What if the modder wants full damage to BOTH the building AND the infantryman inside?
UC.PassThrough=100%, UC.DamageDistributionRatio=50%, (Damage|Verses) * 2?

WoRmINaToR Wrote:Didn't I specifically say I read them?
WoRmINaToR Wrote:And yes, I DID read the footnotes.

WoRmINaToR Wrote:I looked into the discussion a bit further, and upon further reading I believe it was you here who made a misinterpretation. What the poster was requesting was not a mimic of the Assaulter= logic, nor was he requesting something that was necessarily global on every building. [...]

That being said I invite you to take one last look into the exact wording of his request, where he very clearly defines exactly how he wanted this parsed in a very clear and sensible way:
Yeah, let's do that!
672 Wrote:[...] Basically, have some special weapon, a grenade or such, able to do what the Assaulter= logic did [...]
OMG HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO WRONG??? Rolling eyes

WoRmINaToR Wrote:Read the OPer's post. He clearly states that he wants this parsed when PassThrough applies, and as noted above, there ARE usage cases where all of our UC buildings are put with PassThrough logics anyways.

Also, since this IS his request, the community can't tell him that his vision of garrison clearing projectiles as he presented it does or doesn't apply when PassThrough doesn't check on the building in question. This is especially true when the community was not prompted with the specific issue in question, as the thread was mostly exhausted before this issue was ever created.
Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. My reply about the technical future of the request is completely independent from any "visions". By that logic, if somebody came in with the "vision" of adding support for YR to calculate the missing 3-dimensional pixels of an SHP on demand, I wouldn't have the right to tell him that's completely impossible - because my reality would interfere with his vision. Rolling eyes

Seriously man...that's the best you have? I'm not allowed to use reality and previous decisions to make a reasonable implementation, because it hurts a requester's vision?

WoRmINaToR Wrote:This argument is simply not valid. As I and m666 have said, we both have PassThrough on well over 90% of our UC buildings. It wouldn't a far shot off to say that somebody else would do something similar with their mods, and having a PassThrough-related flag that damaged all units would just mean all the more power to them.
So basically, your argument for my argument being invalid is that my argument is valid?
...I'm not sure I'm getting your logic here.
If the garrison clearing logic is tied to PassThrough, it will only work on buildings with PassThrough, because the community decided that would be the handling of PassThrough-related flags.
Since, by default, no building has PassThrough, that would mean, in order to use a garrison clearing warhead, a modder would have to set PassThrough on all occupiable buildings, even if he really doesn't want to use PassThrough, only the garrison clearing.
That is a fundamental fact that is completely and entirely independent from whether or not you, personally have PassThrough on all buildings, and that thus, for you, personally, this wouldn't make a difference.

As for the next few paragraphs: Optional is optional, reality is reality, and the feature is scheduled for 0.3. It hasn't been touched since December. Quit whining that I'm not working out all the implementational details months in advance. I mean, seriously, let's look at this - he proposed:
  • GarrisonClearer=
  • ClearingChance=
  • HitsToClear=
  • UC.DamageAll= and related PassThrough stuff
Out of that, I only told him it would not be PassThrough. I didn't even make a statement on the others. And yet, here you are, crying like I outright rejected his entire proposal with no reason given.

And hell, this is the damn request thread for UC.DaMO. What I made was a proposal. If you want additional stuff from that issue, just fucking say so. That's the entire purpose of this thread - to figure out what people want in Urban Combat!

WoRmINaToR Wrote:If we can do 100% damage to both building and infantry inside, then that satisfies all my usage cases...
As said above:
UC.PassThrough=100%, UC.DamageDistributionRatio=50%, and then either Damage times 2, or the specific building verses to 200% should do the trick.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul - by Renegade - 18.03.2010, 10:50:08