Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
except codes no naptch or rock patch
These errors popped on 2 maps that i made. The maps have no buildings except for some oil derricks and couple machine shops. I know 007CFD30 is listed on the modenc, i am the one who gave that info to Renegade, it was with the original download of the except checker. I can not post the map because it contains 30 pieces that I made. The pieces are roads and junctions that that work on other maps i made just fine. The errors occur when I place original grass in areas that were just urban ground. The 2 maps that I am working on are for the urban setting.
"Original grass" vs. "urban ground" and "urban setting". Reminds me of a certain quote.
Are you sure you're not mixing tile sets? Can you give us the exact tile numbers/identifiers of the pieces involved, if they are not custom?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Well, when you create a new urban map (not newurban), the map is concrete. When you click on ground you see grass that is the grass. those are the pieces I am, referring to, not the one in terrain/ground box just below the map. All I did was add grass over the concrete and used the tile Tileset 080 Pavement fixes A to make the grass squared off just out the blue line. This map was fine, then i went back to add the grass, the yellow circle is what grass I added then saved it and tested it and crashed.

007CFD30 came first, so then I placed the urban pavement (under the ground tab, not terrain/ground) over the pieces I just made grass and I believe 00549F50 was the except txt popped up. Both maps were tested with vanilla yuri, no buildings other than oil/machine and no patches applied.
Is there any chance of getting some help on these except errors??
It'd be a lot easier to debug these if Ares and its extended memory dumps were available...
anyway.
1st one crashes when trying to free a memory block, 2nd one crashes when trying to allocate a new one. They're both happening when trying to process map tiles.
3rd one crashes when an AI Team Type tries to pathfind from point A to point B. Something to do with movement zones of joy.
4th one crashes when trying to interpret some messed up map tile.

I am very busy with real life at the moment (yay crunch time), so no more magic analysis.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Thanks DCoder, that helps...not being sarcastic...you proved something I already knew, well more like confirmed...but it least give me some idea of why..... now I just have to figure a way to prevent them from popping up....
Do you think there is some way to get a copy of ARES so maybe I could become a testor for it?