Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showtime
It's neither the Magnetron nor Dolphin beam, but it's a variation of the same logic. It always goes towards the target, but from my testing has a fixed duration and if the target is far away, the source starts fading out before the beam reaches the end, so it doesn't look like a laser at all in that case. In either case, you have access to the beta testing forum, feel free to grab a test version and play with it yourself Wink

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
More fun with colours:
[Image: wave1.png]

Yes, the sonic beam seems odd. Trust me, that's just because you're seeing it static like that. Ingame, it looks exactly the same as always, just with custom colors.

I don't know what the default MagnaBeam color is, so for now default is white, will be fixed as soon as I find out what it should be.

What is the yellow thing on the right side?
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
(09.09.2008, 08:19:33)gordon-creAtive Wrote: What is the yellow thing on the right side?

The dolphin's sonic wave.

AFAIK the default mag beam colour is either pink or purple (possible somewhere between the two) but I'd have the default as house colour.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
The default Magnabeam colour is purple. And I think House Colour would be nice too..
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
I think DCoder knows that it's purple, just not the precise RGB values.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
it should be somethin like 235,0,255 (coz it's a bluish purple)
ALL HAIL!!!! King of the Loosers
ugh.. Never mind..

[Image: 9c3cfb081d.png]

"Engine 2 is 'no longer' on fire." -One of those penguins from Madagascar (though, I can't seem to recall that guy's name.. Nay, who cares?)
Right. No pretty pics this time... Implemented [WeaponTypes] to remove the need for Weedguy hacks. Fixed "Building Upgrades don't work correctly on Prerequisite=". And a lot of other things that get discussed on IRC everyday. Can't be bothered to quote or list em, just know that good stuff is coming.

you mean i can have a Prerequisite=GAPPLUG now? Awesome
Hey look at that.. again I'm not giving you any pretty pictures. Tongue 2

However, the feature itself should make up for it. I present to you the magic of includes:

Code:
;works in any INI file, demo here used in rulesmd.ini
[#include]
1 = rules_sw.ini
2 = rules_vehicles.ini
3 = rules_buildings.ini
4 = rules_aircraft.ini
5 = rules_infantry.ini
All the listed files are combined with the ini file itself. No limit on list length, limit of 10 entries in list depth. Subfolders in filenames and search inside MIXes supported. Including a file in itself, or including multiple copies of the same file is not funny, and will be ignored.

(08.10.2008, 21:10:10)DCoder Wrote: Hey look at that.. again I'm not giving you any pretty pictures. Tongue 2

However, the feature itself should make up for it. I present to you the magic of includes:

Code:
;works in any INI file, demo here used in rulesmd.ini
[#include]
1 = rules_sw.ini
2 = rules_vehicles.ini
3 = rules_buildings.ini
4 = rules_aircraft.ini
5 = rules_infantry.ini
All the listed files are combined with the ini file itself. No limit on list length, limit of 10 entries in list depth. Subfolders in filenames and search inside MIXes supported. Including a file in itself, or including multiple copies of the same file is not funny, and will be ignored.
nice! Does this mean that the unit limit is gone?
No. It means you can organize your INIs better.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Nice! Did you do it from this post: http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...&#pid12845

Or was it planned before? Smile

Anyway ill quote myself some questions from there, maybe it would be better posting here

Quote:Ah i see. Really good! but about the entry list. does it mean you have to organize it like he mentioned or can you just have 1 additional rules(md).ini file containing all vehicles, general, infantry etc?

And does it support Art, sound, AI aswell?

And can you place the entry list in your new Ini file or do you need to place it in the original ones? (Rules,sound, etc)

Anyway this will help modders ALOT with their coding in every single way! Smile
(08.10.2008, 23:15:02)Guest Wrote: Nice! Did you do it from this post: http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...&#pid12845

Or was it planned before? Smile

Anyway ill quote myself some questions from there, maybe it would be better posting here

Quote:Ah i see. Really good! but about the entry list. does it mean you have to organize it like he mentioned or can you just have 1 additional rules(md).ini file containing all vehicles, general, infantry etc?

And does it support Art, sound, AI aswell?

And can you place the entry list in your new Ini file or do you need to place it in the original ones? (Rules,sound, etc)

Anyway this will help modders ALOT with their coding in every single way! Smile

No Chrisse me and DCoder were discussing this earlier its to help keep things tidy and easier for modders with E.G Lots of gameplay mods.
Great Work DC
You can put the section in any INI file, and put anything in the referenced INI file.

As I said, there's a limit to 10 include depth, meaning if you include (depth 1) a file that includes (depth 2) another file that includes (depth 3) another file that includes (depth 4) another file that includes (depth 5) another file that includes (depth 6) another file that includes (depth 7) another file that includes (depth 8 ) another file that includes (depth 9) another file that includes (depth 10) another file, the last one won't be loaded. Tongue 2 Let it blow your mind.

(It was planned before, I just found a simple way to do it yesterday, so I implemented it.)