Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158
Fight 1

For this fight, I am pretty much following worm's argumentation.
People are complaining about the randomness of the selection, but as far as I'm concerned, that's how it's supposed to be - the starting units are supposed to be emergency defense and scouts, not a predefined tactical strike team.

As voiced in the comments on issue #1115, I'm not entirely sure that team coded their unit properly in the first place, but as Nighthawk said, if InfDeath=9 is indeed broken in that situation, we should probably fix it anyway.

Kill: #1032
Support: #1115

Fight 2

I hate requests defeating the purpose of the system they're modifying.
I really hate requests for stupid-ass hacks trying to get weird features so they can emulate what they want, instead of just fucking requesting what they want.

#758 in its entirety would be vastly better done through some kind of "modify attributes" super weapon.
Want temporary EMP immunity? Modify attribute ImmuneToEMP.
Want temporary mind control immunity? Modify attribute ImmuneToPsionics.
Want temporary damage reduction? Modify attribute Armor and set the armor up properly.

Making an invulnerability super weapon suddenly not provide invulnerability anymore defeats the purpose of the system, and an actual "modify attributes" SW, should we ever implement one, would be vastly more versatile anyway.
Especially considering that you just fucking know once this Iron Curtain castration would be implemented, we'd be bombarded with "Can you also add..." requests for every other weapon and warhead effect ever, constantly to be updated with any new weapon/warhead effect Ares adds.

While worm is right that #1158 could potentially be complicated, I don't share the assessment that it is "a clusterfuck waiting to happen", and I think it would be interesting for the ability to have two different types of ammo for different targets alone - e.g. having a shrapnel V3 against infantry targets, and a bunker buster V3 against buildings.
Sure, this request would probably, to be fully utilizable, require custom missile types and NoSpawnAlt reworks, but we can at least take a look at it and see what we can do.

It's vastly better than gutting Iron Curtains to do something they're not supposed to do in any case.

Kill: #758
Support: #1158
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Renegade - 29.07.2010, 00:15:30
RE: DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Guest - 04.08.2010, 22:23:08
RE: DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Renegade - 07.08.2010, 07:24:09