Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellspread/Range
God man, it's a miracle you even manage to open the INIs.
Once again, in list format, since I doubt it'll go through your skull anyway:
  • "Think already" yourself. A grid is a grid. Telling us where on a grid something happened after it happened on the same grid, only rotated, really isn't all that hard. It's not my fault you chose to complicate things by giving the impression you had invented an all new addressing system.
  • "Only" only came into play in your follow-up post, after I had asked.
  • For the xth time, your formula is worthless. All it tells you is that the furthest cell potentially damaged by a CS 11 warhead will be...11 cells away. Wow! Surprising! I really needed math for that. Do you want to know a secret? The furthest cell away damaged by a CS 9 warhead will be....9 cells away! Oops Who would have thought?! Of course, that is utterly irrelevant, since the additional range damaged by a CS 11 warhead, compared to a CS 10, are leptons 2560-2816 from the point of impact, not "another ring of cells". Given that the outer-most cell (or 11², as you love to call it), is only half-covered in damage by default, as soon as the impact is on the outer edge of the impact cell, the 11th cell will be fully covered on one side, and virtually not covered at all on the other side.
    Having said all that, I still don't see what your obsession with (10,4) is. Let's assume we use the inaccurate, game-irrelevant cell-counting system you use.
    (11,0) is the maximum distance a CS 11 warhead can reach.
    Wouldn't that make (10,0) the maximum distance a CS 10 warhead can reach? Why is it (10,4)?
    It's a circle. The maximum distance of damage is the same on all sides of the point of impact, regardless of the cells - CS*256 leptons.
    I don't know if you're simply disregarding how both circles and the game work, or if you simply don't grasp how the game works, but the maximum distance of damage for each CellSpread is the same in all directions for a given CellSpread, irrelevant of the cell grid underlying it.
    Add to all that that, again, if I go 10 into a given direction, and then 4 up and down from there, the fucking cell is not among those even checked by the game, and I have to ask again - why is (10,4) special? What makes it reference-worthy?    
  • FFS, forget scatter - you were the one who brought scatter up, not me. And blaming me for your complete and utter failure to just say "I used force-fire on an empty cell", "I fired on a building" or "I fired on yet another grizzly tank" is more than ridiculous. It's not my fault you seem to be psychologically inhibited to just give a clear, concise answer, instead repeating the same things over and over again, which weren't clear enough the first time around. Even after yet another round of you repeating your "I only used grizzly, I only used grizzly, are you too dumb to get that?" mantra, I still don't know whether that means you fired upon a grizzly, or you fired on nothing.
    So spare me your questioning of my intelligence, and just give a real answer, rather than repeating the same ambiguous bullshit again and again, pretending it's the clearest answer since the birth of the universe, when it really leaves at least two different possibilities open.
  • I keep going back leptons because cells are irrelevant. The CellSpread range border doesn't give a shit for cells, and a ring of cells does not accurately describe the circular border CellSpread has. Add to that that there are 256 potential border-positions inside a given cell, and no, it's not the same.
  • Your next point betrays just how little you actually understand the system. (Which, of course, after reading all the ignorant, narrow-minded bullshit above, doesn't surprise me.) (11,3) and (11,-3) are colored because a) they are part of the game's CellSpread lookup table, and b) a fraction of them is actually reachable by CS 11. That's what I keep telling you post after post - your formula is bullshit, and cells are irrelevant. Leptons and circles rule, and leptons and circles govern that (11,3) is just barely reachable.
  • Baby step explanation is still missing information about the target cell, though I assume from your previous notorically ambiguous explanations that it was empty.
  • As for your conclusions, let me tell you this as loud and clear as possible:
    YOUR DISTANCE FORMULA IS IRRELEVANT
    As I have pointed out countless times before, (10,4) is not on the game's CellSpread lookup table. The fact that it isn't damaged is not new or unexpected, that is exactly what the graph shows, and has been known since April 2008.

And if you just opened your goddamn eyes and actually read what I wrote, you would have realized that several posts ago.

So if your only complaint keeps being that the game behaves exactly as the graph predicts it would, I guess we're done here.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
Cellspread/Range - by patric20878 - 24.11.2009, 14:50:34
RE: Cellspread/Range - by Renegade - 25.11.2009, 02:30:50
RE: Cellspread/Range - by DCoder - 25.11.2009, 08:08:31
RE: Cellspread/Range - by Renegade - 25.11.2009, 23:09:31
RE: Cellspread/Range - by patric20878 - 25.11.2009, 23:18:50
RE: Cellspread/Range - by Renegade - 26.11.2009, 00:02:25
RE: Cellspread/Range - by patric20878 - 26.11.2009, 02:18:27
RE: Cellspread/Range - by Renegade - 26.11.2009, 03:43:42
RE: Cellspread/Range - by patric20878 - 26.11.2009, 05:50:53
RE: Cellspread/Range - by Renegade - 26.11.2009, 19:32:49
RE: Cellspread/Range - by patric20878 - 26.11.2009, 23:30:09