Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research/Theory/Question: AircraftType Transit Stations
(06.01.2009, 21:51:15)DCoder Wrote: (Nitpick: YRPP is the wrong place to extend functionality, Ares is where that should happen. Same way as writing new magic functions into the DirectX SDK headers doesn't magically make the d3d.dll implement them.)
Actually, I was making that difference on purpose - because I was consciously trying to imply "any DLL based on YR++", not just Ares.
After all, even though Ares is the prime enhancing DLL, nothing stops me from creating fix_the_goddamn_aircrafttypes.dll - which would not be Ares-based.

As for the docking/loading issue - would that be fixable in Ares? Just telling it "load passengers even if you're docked"? (Assuming you're guessing correctly.)

@Nighthawk: Thanks for testing so far Smile Could you test off-foundation DockingOffsets in general? Like, just taking the Airfield and setting the Offsets to 1000 in each direction or something, and see if they still work? That would answer that basic question - anything else after that is work in details.

Given that both of these problems are AircraftTypes related, has anyone tested the VehicleTypes-based theory yet?
A simple first test should be to give a Chrono Miner passenger seats instead of harvesting slots...and then see if you can properly have it jump between refineries (might lead to errors if it tries to unload the soldiers into the refinery though LOL ) [cue random technician crying "It's people! It's made out of people!!"]

Happy to see there's interest in this Smile Makes me miss the old days, though Unhappy
Nonetheless, I hope to see more random theories popping up in the future!
(Also, I'll install YR asap.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research/Theory/Question: AircraftType Transit Stations - by Renegade - 07.01.2009, 06:25:42