Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DockingOffset0
Dude. You know, it's not smart to openly ignore what I say. It gets me into that weird "where's the warning button?" mood.
If you quote shit, use the fucking quote button/tags.
There's a fucking reason it exists. It makes your post more structured and easier to read. Same goes for code tags.

Also, ModEnc is not an acronym. It's not Manual Of DeeZire Enhanced 'N' Completed. It's the fucking Modding Encyclopedia. ModEnc, not MODENC. Your usage of "the", as in "The ModEnc", is nonstandard; it might be technically correct if you think "Modding Encyclopedia", but it either implies ModEnc to be the only one, which, with The Guide out there, isn't entirely correct, or it implies other *Encs in existence - as in, the ModEnc, the ArtEnc and the AIEnc. Not to mention it sounds weird.
(In an unrelated sidenote, anyone who shortens "modification" to "MOD" is a retard. Just sayin'.)

In addition, RA2 and YR have a screenshot function. Instead of giving us weird descriptions about positioning and graphical behavior, you could just fucking show it to us. Graphically.
Is it so hard to deduct that the best way to show us what's happening on your screen would be showing us what's happening on your screen?

In this particular case, for example, on first glance, your coordinates seem to be fine. But that does not tell me how large your airplanes are. Maybe you're simply parking MiGs next to Harriers! Without a shot of the plane selected or the vxl/hva, I also can't tell if maybe the airplane is misaligned - which is entirely possible if it was designed for use with trailers.

Basically, what you're doing is equivalent to telling me "I bought RED0001 paint but it doesn't look red on the wall." - what more can I say to that other than "Well, looks like you bought red."?

More data.

I do notice that you checked ModEnc first this time. So you may think I'm just picking on you or something; but always remember: The harder you make it for anyone to help you, the less likely it is for someone to help you. That includes post readability, and that definitely includes problem description. Do you think people have nothing better to do than first analyze your post to figure out what is code, what is quote, and what is description, only to then realize that you don't provide enough info to diagnose the problem?
Be thorough, be specific, and your chances of help increase dramatically - simply because people can do more than guessing.

That being said, taking your apparent general confusion and lack of direction into account, I will venture a guess:
The distance between -128 and +128 is 256 (1 cell).
The distance between +128 and +256 is 128 (1/2 cell).
I can't tell you if that's the reason for your problem - because I don't know how it looks on your screen, I don't know what the intended positions are, I don't know if you count rows from North to South or from East to West, and so on. It's a wild guess that sort of lines up with the problem you describe.

Had you been more thorough in your description, I could be sure.

In addition, if that is your problem, there is no "matter" ModEnc would have to explain. The game is behaving as told. It's placing the airplanes exactly where you told it to. Assuming something is bad game behavior that ModEnc fails to document when you apparently didn't even do the most basic and natural first step of checking whether you entered the correct coordinates is more than arrogant.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.

Messages In This Thread
DockingOffset0 - by Nikademis Von Hisson - 05.01.2009, 04:00:24
RE: DockingOffset0 - by Renegade - 05.01.2009, 09:00:30
RE: DockingOffset0 - by Nikademis Von Hisson - 05.01.2009, 10:52:41
RE: DockingOffset0 - by Renegade - 05.01.2009, 12:01:02
RE: DockingOffset0 - by mt. - 06.01.2009, 19:03:59
RE: DockingOffset0 - by DCoder - 06.01.2009, 21:18:18
RE: DockingOffset0 - by mt. - 06.01.2009, 23:07:44
RE: DockingOffset0 - by Renegade - 07.01.2009, 06:08:42