Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP2 speeds/slowdowns
Hi
I was just thinking if RockPatch2 would fix all the stupid bugs by westwood.
I am running a 3,4Ghz, GeForce 7800, 1GB ram PC. It still laggs if I play with 8 teams. Its really strange. I can play C&C Tib Wars on highest settings, about 6 AI without lagg. So I am sure ra2 engine have bugs and not my PC.
I was wondering if PD would try to fix them such as debris bug.
pd's already working on some of the obvious ones , as you can see here: http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/view.php?id=187
He also told me that he's analysing the game to find out the reasons for lags.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
The "debris bug" doesn't exist.
However, Particles are a huge problem. You can improve performance by disabling refinery smoke on the slave miners as well as the Virus cloud system.

Why particles are so slow and whether they are the main cause of the lag, I don't know.

As gordon said, I'm researching about the cause of the lags. Obviously they do not occur if no Yuri is involved.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Refinery smoke uses transparency which is known to have a slowing effect on the engine.
Are we talking about general lag or the huge slowdown that builds up over the course of a game lasting 1-2 hours?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Both. Makes sense to address them both.
[Image: hiatus.png]
You can fix any particle/smoke lags by adding "VideoBackBuffer=no" exactly under the [Video] statement in your ra2md.ini file, as it was discovered by Wthigon some time ago.

However for the lag after hours of gameplay, I don't think there is a simple fix as those must be some memory leaks.
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com