Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding, removing and reordering countries
The UMP features that don't alter gameplay and as long as it doesn't make the patch lots of MBs big (there were some fixed SHPs in it, the weather storm for instance, which I think should be included), I'm generally with this.

The problem is that is would drastically increase the amount of required changes if a non-UMP user changes to RP2 with an existing mod.
A possible solution for that is some kind of a "RP2 Setup" program, which allows installtion of single RP2 INI changes...
That would be several UMP options for one, but it would also allow for an automatic installation of the new countries system, which would go through the [Countries] section, find the countries' data and add tags with default values to it.

There are quite some possibilities.

But we should consider Bobing's concerns, it would really suck ass if one would have to update a mod everytime a new RP2 version gets released.
This makes me consider having default values... will be a damn pain to implement though... >.<
[Image: jsfml.png]

Messages In This Thread
Adding, removing and reordering countries - by pd - 22.10.2007, 09:45:42
RE: Feature discussion: Adding, removing and reordering countries - by pd - 29.11.2007, 11:14:12