Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artillery Berserk AI (tough one... ?)
Hi people!

This time, it is the AI again. Crying

I have made a base defense team for the AI, which includes two deployable units. Exactly like the old TS Nod Artillery.

-Max=1. So I want no more, than one of those teams. But the AI makes MANY of those teams, sometimes even 10 or more! And finally it's base is stuck and it's attacks r weak because of the artillery "rampage". Rolling eyes

And I think I know the problem:
Since the Artillery deploys in to a BuildingType, the AI things, that the team no longer exists, so it makes it again...And again...And again... - DCoder, I am right? Wink

I have also tried to make a bit more "clever" trigger for it, if the AI owns less than 7 of Deployed Artillery, then make that team.
BUT, of course, it seems not to work. Confused Even if I set high priorities (5000).

So, is there a "good" solution to this? So I could keep my Artillery Big Grin 2

BTW, I have also noticed, that the recovering the MCV is a rare happening too. And it is based in same kind of trigger than my Artillery experiement. (AI owns less than blaa blaa....)
Does anyone else have problems with "less or equal to" or "less than" triggers? Confused

If so, could it even be a AI editor bug? Lift eyebrow
(Sorry DCoder, just guessing, with all due respect) Wink
"the equal or less than" works decently enough, but it does have problems with Ai defense when u have "2" building type's

Lets say u create a Sov bunker fill team, the first one with house own's "1" bunker works flawless, However....when U have a second Trigger Stating Equal to "2" bunkers the AI will build that team and another until the bunker is filled......

It seems when u have "equal to" (2 or more buildings) as AI defense which deploys/ enters structures the AI will build the team twice...and in your case the Artillery deploys, then the second team it builds deploys<--  this is not counted as a seperate trigger, just the same trigger so it goes on and on

the same goes with the enter bunker teams, it will constantly build the Team and send it to the bunker until the bunker is filled, if the Bunker is built far away from the Barracks, the AI will build a endless stream of unit's until that bunker is filled.....This however stops once the bunker is filled, but the team itself is only counted when it exist on the field, not in the bunker so really u must have 5 conscripts outside the bunker not following script to stop the building of the units

(it doesnt follow the equal to X number of buildings at all for any cut off it's used only for the creation of a trigger)

.....Since your Unit's are deployed/ following script, it constantly tries to replace itself, same thing happens with Miners, since the Miner begins working it is not counted as on "field" because it is following script, mining, or what eva. The AI will build and build until it has one miner not doing nothing then and only then will it stop production of the miner

Try and try again is all I can say

It's really hard designing let alone figuring out this AI, take for example I just found out recently u can change the order of the building list (In rules.ini) all the way around any way u like it, just u have to create a AI.ini file from scratch (everything must be erased except for digest) otherwise u will break your game.... Dcoders AI editor doesnt erase sometimes so u have to do it manually

BTW:  Final Alert 2  does not read the building list from a internal table as Deezire's guide states it reads it from the rules.ini file