Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hacking
Yo peepz

I can hack for 30 days!
First thing i have hacked is my mod, TUW.exe (an XCC Mod Launcher file)
I changed icons and text (to dutch), i have it only a half our so maybe about a week i know too how to hack .exe files.
The Ultimate War is begun!
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

The Ultimate War is a mod where (nearly) every soldier and tank will be as a brutal one, and there's now an Eiffel Tesla Coil, and each side have 2 special soldiers or tanks, and 1 or more veteran things, so...prepare for the heaviest battle Tongue
Let me guess, you downloaded a shareware resource editor?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
hmmm, you can do more by that program, but i started by resource, that is easiest Big Grin
But i don't think its a super program... Unhappy

EDIT: Ah, i figured out how to write in the dat of gamemd.exe, i will tell, what you see there, is terrible, uh, all the numbers and text... Big Grin
But I saw too normal text what I have seen in .ini files.
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

The Ultimate War is a mod where (nearly) every soldier and tank will be as a brutal one, and there's now an Eiffel Tesla Coil, and each side have 2 special soldiers or tanks, and 1 or more veteran things, so...prepare for the heaviest battle Tongue
Blah, what you said is exactly what a resource hacker does. What is the name of the thing you downloaded?

PE Explorer (PEX)
Downloaded from: http://www.heaventools.com
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

I use that program for resource editing (it's no hacking IMO) and for correcting checksums when adding segments.

It's disassembler is crap though. No tool for hacking.
[Image: jsfml.png]
No, i saw that yesterday evening too Unhappy
So i have now some other programs.
PaD, wich program do you use?
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

IDA Pro 4.8 for disassembling and debugging, HexEdit Workshop for coding.

I think DCoder requested the IDA DB to be released, and that's what I planned to do soon.
[Image: jsfml.png]
yer, i want it to look at, and if jonwil had it, he wouldn't mind doing the odd bit of hacking here and there. infact, if he had it now, he'd have done something while PD was away
myBB 
PaD;date=Aug 5 2005, 02:54 PM Wrote:I think DCoder requested the IDA DB to be released, and that's what I planned to do soon.
[right][snapback]1488[/snapback][/right]

Great!

its been un-released...
Those who could use it, already have it...

what if we accidently un-have it?
(IE virus, or un-avoidable format)
We can ask PD to reupload it temporarily, can't we?
I think he made the right choice by removing it, everyone was tempted to see wtf this exe hacking was and wasting the bandwidth while doing so. He could have password-protected the directory, and there would still be n00bs asking for the password. "wats da pass on dat file, dude?" "Have you any idea how to use it?" "no, i jus want 2 look at it" "..."

Lol, I have seen enough of n00bs, especially contaminating Deezire. Cannis hasn't visited in a month, and the members have to take care of n00bs. Unhappy

PD doesn't take many personal requests these days so good luck!