Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Construction Option Glitch
I've got a quick question...

Okay, I've given the Soviet Side an airfield (well, I plan to make for one single country actually) and I've coded it and it shows up in the game just fine- the animations work and aircraft build and fly from it as usuall...

The problem occurs after I build the Soviet Radar. After that, each single new unit and structure I build has the EVA announce "New Construction Options". Is there some kind of prerequisite conflict or something? Here's my coding from the rules file:

[NAAIRP]
UIName=Name:NAAIRP
Name=Soviet Air Pad
BuildCat=Tech
Image=NAAIRP
Prerequisite=NAREFN,NACNST
Strength=600
Armor=steel
Adjacent=2
TechLevel=3
Sight=5
UnitReload=yes
Helipad=yes
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=500
Points=70
Power=-30
Factory=AircraftType
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS2LG,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM,DBRIS6LG,DBRIS6SM,DBRIS7LG
MaxDebris=8
MinDebris=4
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=75, 270, 140
AIBuildThis=yes
NumberOfDocks=1
HasStupidGuardMode=false
you have an infantry, unit, aircraft or building with prerequisite set to NARADR(the soviet radar) or RADAR(the tag for generic radar, or any radar, listed in the PrerequisiteRadar= tag under the [General] section at the top) for a unit that doesn't have a soviet owner listed.(maybe unit with "Owner=YuriCountry" for example)

the "NCO Bug" as its known is often caused when you have a prerequisite owner missmatch

Check it out on ModEnc NCO
Hmmm... Duely noted. That ModEnc seems pretty usefull as well, thanks for the help!
Also, set AIBasePlanningSide to 1 so the Soviet AI uses it.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.