Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound/Video editing
Hi. I'm creating an entirely new campaign for RA2, based arund Great Britain and the part they play. I need some assisstance in actually putting it all together.

First of all, I have recorded seperate sounds for units (such as a 3 move commands for a GI, 3 attack commands, 1 fear command) to make them sound British and have movies and riefings all recorded and edited to look nice. All i need now is to put them into my game,. I don't know how.

I have Tibed and FA2 and thats all. I dn't know if i need other stuff. I heard about extracts ad stuff but im really not sure what to do.

Thanks for help. I'm listening. PS: You will be in the credits if ure assisstance is used Big Grin
Quote:I have >TibCrap<
Burn it Rocket Launcher. Use Notepad. That god-awful program (TibCrap, not Notepad) messes up your INIs and can cause more errors than you can count.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
You need to download the XCC utilities and familiarise yourself with them. This will allow you to convert sounds to the correct formats and either add them to the required files (for unit sounds) or make your own .mix file (for movies and for eva voices). You can also use the XCC utils to extract all the .ini files needed to control campaign progression. To convert the videos, you need the bink video tools (just search for them on google) and read this thread here for information on making sound work in RA2. You should also note that you need to add your movies to the list at the end of art(md).ini for them to be useable in game and will probably need to leave one placeholder at the end of the list to avoid a parser problem where the last entry can't be used.
Blade, what's that about the last entry being unusable? Are you sure that's not just another list enumeration error Westwood loves so much and sprinkles everywhere? Or just cause it's the last line in the file, rather than the last line in this section?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
DCoder Wrote:Blade, what's that about the last entry being unusable? Are you sure that's not just another list enumeration error Westwood loves so much and sprinkles everywhere? Or just cause it's the last line in the file, rather than the last line in this section?

Last line in the file sorry, not the list in particular. The Movies section is the last section in RA2 and YR's art(md).ini file.