Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch v1.08 released!
I proudly present to you: RockPatch version 1.08!

It was about time, I know, but there were a few problems concerning radiation and The First Decade support...
now that's all done and here it is, the new RP version.

Download RockPatch v1.08 here!

A download link couldn't be much bigger, could it?
If you want to know what's new, check out the features page.
If you wonder how the new features work, check out the Documentation.

So what's the surprise feature?
Missile Types!
You can now create your very own missile types (missile types are e.g. the V3 or the DMISL).
How to do that? Check out the tutorial in the Documentation (see Tutorials list).

The important changes
If you head to the Documentation, you're likely to see a link to the "Important Changes" page. Trust me, the changes presented there wouldn't be called important if they weren't. So before you start reporting "bugs", check out that page first!

Some tools
For RockPatch v1.08, I made two tools which make it easy to adapt your mod to RP1.08 standards.

InfDeathAnimFixer
If you created new InfDeaths or InfMutations using that [NewInfDeaths] list, you'd have a lot of copy-and-pasting to do when changing to 1.08.
This tool makes your life easier!
Select your rulesmd.ini and hit the magic button to do all that.
Nothing will be deleted, just the old - now unused - sections.
See & Get the InfDeathAnimFixer here!

CSF Patcher
RockPatch v1.08 enables you to have up to 100 additional stringtables, so why not use them?
"Too much work to filter out my changes and put them into a new CSF", you might say, but this little tool does all this for you!
You simply tell it where the original YR ra2md.csf is, then you give it your modified stringtable.
Hit the magic button and save your stringtable as stringtableXX.csf (XX can be anything from 00 to 99) and the program will find all your changes and export them.
The new "patch" CSF is much smaller and therefore much easier to edit.
In the Documentation, there's more info on this (see Tutorials).
See & Get the CSF Patcher here!

Hm, that's it for now, what else could I say err... have fun! Smile
BTW, special thanks go to CnCVK for helping out a lot on the RockPatch as well as to Marshall for making the new patcher (he's responsible for T.F.D. support in the end, applause please!)
[Image: jsfml.png]
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

EDIT: about the tut for new mutateion, WHY ARE THEY SO MUTCH TEXT? Blah
wasent there any code like IsMutate=yes on warhead or something?

[attachment=53]

what?
Glad its finaly out Smile
@ TheMan
just put InfDeath=death animation..

the mutation will be auto-detected if AnimToInfantry= in the rules and MakeInfantry= in the art is set up correctly (if it worked before, it is)
[Image: jsfml.png]
Oh, after 2,5 month
But loading/saving error appeared yet?
However I try it now.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

how do you instal this so it works on the mods witch need it i cant find a instal menu?
Unzip it.
Double click it.
Click yes.
Exit.
Play game.
[Image: sig.jpg]
what do you mean unzip? its one of those files my computer says it dont know how to open and asks me to choose a program or have i dowloaded the wrong thing or something?
my comp says its a rar fle or something like that whats that mean?
Open it up in WinRAR
A Quick google would have already told you that you can use winRAR to open .rar's
Quote:how do you instal this so it works on the mods witch need it i cant find a instal menu?

If a mod needs it there is nothing you need to do except install it. Wink

"pd" you may want to put a note on v1.08 features page list about the Train bridges where removed do to problems with code. So people won’t start asking why the train bridge set dose not work.
err is their anywere you can get winrar without signing up for like 10 quid a year? cos it says its free downloads but you have 2 pay for member ship lol and being 14 thats a problem.
I just hate that. Some one tries to squeeze cash out of you for something that is free any way

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250...71196.html
bottom of the page.
It's free, you can use it without paying for it and you can continue to use it without ever paying for it.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Download the top one.

edit: lol, posted at the same time.
[Image: sig.jpg]