Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634)
You said you look over the Factory tag. But in the end it seems you didn't get the point with it.

There are 4 variations of TechnoTypes (buildable objects), AircraftTypes, VehicleTypes, InfantryTypes and BuildingTypes. Jumpjet and naval units doesn't have their own types.

If you say.. Factory=InfantryType, you defined the object as a barracks and it will produce all infantry in the game if their prerequisites are met.

The only option I could think about to get 634's big part fixed would be defining new values to Factory=... however since Factory reads types, you have to bring new TechnoTypes in. And here comes the problem... you can't define a new subTechnoTypeClass along with new subTechnoClass... if you rethink it. How should it be called, which one should it clone, etc.

Probably a way could be that masking the TechnoType into phantom Types (I mean, defining somewhere that GhostType=InfantryType and listing all GhostTypes in InfantryTypes) could be a starting point, but still, it's hard to do that masking for the factories while keeping the other logics intact.

My two cents.

EDIT: I just reread your comment... Factory defines which list it produces. So at the produced objects... not their tags defines their factory, instead the list where they're listed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by Graion Dilach - 02.06.2011, 18:35:18
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 02.06.2011, 19:16:40
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 03.06.2011, 06:04:19
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 04.06.2011, 11:46:00