Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You need help? May I?
I will tell you right away, I am unsure how much I can do... but the two that came to mind is Tester and possibly the one guy (forgot what you called it) that makes screenshots and videos. I am a video whore, I will tell you that much. I am not the best coder in the world, but I can code. I tried some things in the first Ares like the spy tags, and they did not work for me... so I either came across something your testers failed to come across, or I managed to fail the simplest additions... xD

If you are truly desprate, then I will totally help in any way I can (For I been anxious for 0.2... If I could help make it come faster or help make you guys desire to continue the projects.. I will do it in anyway realistic for me).

I also do not know if I have an account... >_> I am one of them ppm noobs I guess.
I was hoping the subscribe button would work as well as the password box would let me login if it was an account, but I obviously poorly planned this. I suppose I will go ahead and throw up my contacts... Worst thing happens is I get spam/hate mail I suppose. .-.

WARDEATHFUN at yahoo.com
WARDEATHFUN @ Skype.

Sorry if I posted in wrong area too. I will try to check back often incase someone is to busy to bother dealing with contact. I also apoligize if I did anything wrong Tongue 2
I was hoping the subscribe button would work as well as the password box would let me login if it was an account, but I obviously poorly planned this. I suppose I will go ahead and throw up my contacts... Worst thing happens is I get spam/hate mail I suppose. .-.

WARDEATHFUN at yahoo.com
WARDEATHFUN @ Skype.

Sorry if I posted in wrong area too. I will try to check back often incase someone is to busy to bother dealing with contact. I also apoligize if I did anything wrong Tongue 2
Well, you dont need to be a pro coder to test if a feature work or not.
Some features may require it, but most not.
Java student.
it would have probably been best to post this in the thread where this subject was being discussed.

In any case if you have decent modding skills you can test, if you have decent modding skills and the ability to use screen-capture programs and video makers then you can make promo material.

Not much else is necessary unless you want to actually code Ares itself, which then takes some talent.
While WoRmINaToR doesn't speak for the staff, most of what he says is true, but I do need to add to it.

Ares has had a systemic problem of testers being inactive - i.e. testing a couple of things then buggering off and leaving for half a year. If any more testers are to be hired, they will need to be active, hence why the position in the news topic is entitled active tester. Do not apply to be a tester if you know you won't have the time. Also, like when it comes to using Ares in general, modding experience is a necessity. If you don't know what you're doing with a rules file, then you shouldn't apply to be a tester until you do.

The promo material job is not much different, after all, you do need to be able to create the things you're taking screenshots of. While a testing mod could just be sent to you to create screenshots from, it's not a very desirable solution. Also, it's a minute thing, but I should warn you that identifying yourself as a "ppm noob" is not a brilliant way to ingratiate yourself into a community.

However, if you do want to properly apply for anything, then please register an account (we can't hire guests), and send me a PM with some idea of your modding experience, and if you're wanting to be a promo guy, perhaps a preview or two of what you could do.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.