Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MadHQ's odd coding problems.
Wow! That was a faster response then I expected. Smile

Crap, I did not copy all the code. There is 12 Foundation.X missing. This was the full code. But that does not matter it looks as if the problem is that I keep getting "-3". A little further down I attempt to type how I did it.
Code:
Foundation = Custom
Foundation.X = 5
Foundation.Y = 4
Foundation.0 = 1,-3
Foundation.1 = 2,-3
Foundation.2 = 0,-3
Foundation.3 = 1,-3
Foundation.4 = 2,-3
Foundation.5 = 3,-3
Foundation.6 = 4,-3
Foundation.7 = 0,-3
Foundation.8 = 1,-3
Foundation.9 = 2,-3
Foundation.10 = 3,-3
Foundation.11 = 4,-3
Foundation.12 = 1,-3
Foundation.13 = 2,-3
FoundationOutline.Length = 28
FoundationOutline.0 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.1 = 0,-3
FoundationOutline.2 = 1,-3
FoundationOutline.3 = 2,-3
FoundationOutline.4 = 3,-3
FoundationOutline.5 = 4,-3
FoundationOutline.6 = 5,-3
FoundationOutline.7 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.8 = 0,-3
FoundationOutline.9 = 3,-3
FoundationOutline.10 = 4,-3
FoundationOutline.11 = 5,-3
FoundationOutline.12 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.13 = 5,-3
FoundationOutline.14 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.15 = 5,-3
FoundationOutline.16 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.17 = 0,-3
FoundationOutline.18 = 3,-3
FoundationOutline.19 = 4,-3
FoundationOutline.20 = 5,-3
FoundationOutline.21 = -1,-3
FoundationOutline.22 = 0,-3
FoundationOutline.23 = 1,-3
FoundationOutline.24 = 2,-3
FoundationOutline.25 = 3,-3
FoundationOutline.26 = 4,-3
FoundationOutline.27 = 5,-3

Anyways, the code you posted worked just fine... I am not to sure what you did to make it work. Do you have to hit that generate outline button that is next to the clear cells button?

As far as my proses when I use the generator is as follows. First I set the base foundation, then I left click for the bright green spots (like shown in the pic in my first post) to make the foundation I want. Then I clrt click for the orange box's filling in the un-marked squares. Then I just copy and past the code into artmd .ini. Is there a specific order that I have to click to make it work right? What web browser is required for this?

I have another problem... Yes you guys might want to take some pain pills... I am probably one of the worse coders you will come across. So I will have to say I am sorry, in advance, for how annoying I am going to be wail I play with Ares, new code always baffles my mind.

And its driving me nuts. Maybe this is just me trying to make the trench logic work in a way it was not meant to. I want to re-create the grenades/flame/ext. only clear buildings like C&C3 has. But it seems as if it is impossible to make it only work for a few specific projectiles. Every projectile hits the units inside, even if I set "SubjectToTrenches=yes" on every projectile I want to not hit the units bunkered.

This is my projectile code. SubjectToTrenches= is set to no as you can see. how ever it seems as if that tag is ignored... Could it be from the stuff that I have put in the buildings rules?
Code:
[GrenPro]
Image=120MM
Arcing=true
SubjectToTrenches=no
SubjectToCliffs=yes
SubjectToElevation=yes
SubjectToWalls=yes

This is the code for one of the buildings that I am testing with. I am not to sure witch tags I need... if any... I say if any, because I do not know if "SubjectToTrenches=no" will make it so the projectile will hit the unit inside wither or not the building has any tags telling the game if it can hit units that are bunkered. I have play with multiple settings and variables to try and make this work, and nothing seems to be responding the way i would like. I have read the documentation about how it works, and am still not understanding it.

I have "UC.PassThrough=" set so low because every unit's projectile was hitting the units bunkered even the ones I did not want to, Even when I had set projectile to "SubjectToTrenches=yes ". do these tags on the building override the "SubjectToTrenches=yes " tag? (Note* It was not a 100% hit rate, it did follow the percent that I had placed.)

Code:
[CABUNK01];gs restoring this to proper state.  The buildable one is up in the soviet section
UIName=Name:CABUNK01
Name=Concrete Bunker 01
TechLevel=-1
Strength=2000
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
;RadarInvisible=yes
Points=5
UC.PassThrough=0.001
UC.FatalRate=100
UC.DamageMultiplier=100
Armor=steel
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=5
DebrisAnim=Dbris3sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris6sm,Dbris7lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris10lg,Dbris10sm
;Selectable=no
;IsBase=no
BaseNormal=no ;psst....IsBase isn't a Rules flag
Sight=6 ; UC base values
ClickRepairable=no
CanBeOccupied=yes
MaxNumberOccupants=8
;DistributedFire=yes
CanOccupyFire=yes
LeaveRubble=yes
-RA2/YR GFX Depot Click here!

Messages In This Thread