Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Should the [*Types] list processing be stricter?
Quote:The game's behavior in this regard is documented and has been the same for eight+ years.
Documented != reasonable, and I'm sick of WW's sloppy code that enables this kind of crap.

"I did something and now I suddenly have two Nighthawks on the sidebar! Help!" I have seen way too many postings of that particular question, always invariably because the poster uncommented [British]VeteranAircraft=SHAD that Westwood left in. There's no reasonable expectation for anyone to think that this change, in Britain's section, would fuck up every other Allied country, and unless you're playing as the UK, you'll never even see the chevron on the cameo and make the connection.

While I'm sure five or ten people, at most, would bother to fully utilize the strict checks, I would be one of them Tongue 2 Though no, I won't go and devote my time to implementing them all right now, but it's something to be considered in the future. And I think we'll find more situations where strictness would be helpful...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Should the [*Types] list processing be stricter? - by DCoder - 18.10.2009, 10:15:47
RE: Any Reported Slowdowns? - by Renegade - 17.10.2009, 02:22:33
RE: Any Reported Slowdowns? - by DCoder - 17.10.2009, 07:48:21
RE: Any Reported Slowdowns? - by Marshall - 18.10.2009, 01:59:17
RE: Any Reported Slowdowns? - by DCoder - 18.10.2009, 07:49:35