Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors on Loading Screens
What are the potential causes of loading screen errors? I'm sitting here tearing my hair out trying to punch out a bug with Yuri. And it's just Yuri, which is really goddamn annoying.

Help me here guys... I'm, like, really fuckin close to going psychotic on someone.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Could be anything that would cause an error in mid game when built that has been pre-placed on the map.
Either that, or missing strings on a country/side.
[Image: antitxtbanner3eg.gif]
I'm playing on "The Alamo." Allies and Soviets load fine, which is why this is so annoying.
Have you tried enabling the debug log?
That won't help since the Rock Patch errors with my mod. However, something else has come about. I can play against Yuri but I can't play as Yuri. This is really getting on my nerves...
The debug log may help you to pinpoint exactly what is done before the error occurs to narrow down what might be wrong.
It might but I really doubt that.
It's always worth a try...
IMO, the debug log could use a -verbose mode or something, where it would spit out more detailed info...

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
if you've edited the rules(I'm assuming you have) it can be many things doing that.

we can rule out things that would cause even the AI to do it, such as starting units.

the Side= tag on the country(s) doesn't point to the correct side (normally "ThirdSide", but if you add a new 1, or new yuri country, it might be incorrect, or missing)
you've changed the string(or added 1 for a new country), and the new 1 doesn't exist (Missing country CSFs cause internal errors while loading)
you'd edited/added a new yuri GUI, but all the required files are not in the mix its trying to load.

there are probably others, i just can't remember them.
Rock Patch doesn't work so it won't be any of those, BA.
you can do all but the new yuri GUI anyway. infact, you can do parts of a new yuri GUI too. I'm just trying to help.

why doesn't it work with your mod? it should do, even if you don't add any new features. (if it didn't worl before 1.05 don't expect it to still not work, theres been plenty of bugfixs to make it more compatible)

if it doesn't work with your mod, its probably because theres something wrong with your mod, which there obviously is since you can'y play as yuri.
I'm pretty sure I know what it is. It's been the art file for some time now so I'm going to just recode it this weekend.