Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firestorm Wall quirks
Okay, now I'm confused. I just played TS 2.03 with Firestorm active. The firestorm wall was completely useless at stopping any projectiles coming through. All it did was sit there and block the pathfinding. And incinerate any units that were sitting on it when it activated. No matter what, I couldn't get it to stop any projectiles, IgnoresFirestorm=no didn't help at all, nor did any other ideas I tried: all projectiles, from RPG Tower and NOD Lasers through Vulcans and Tick Tanks to Cyborg Commando and Grenade Thrower, all went right through it. Am I dreaming or is this how it is supposed to work?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(08.02.2009, 18:59:32)DCoder Wrote: Okay, now I'm confused. I just played TS 2.03 with Firestorm active. The firestorm wall was completely useless at stopping any projectiles coming through. All it did was sit there and block the pathfinding. And incinerate any units that were sitting on it when it activated. No matter what, I couldn't get it to stop any projectiles, IgnoresFirestorm=no didn't help at all, nor did any other ideas I tried: all projectiles, from RPG Tower and NOD Lasers through Vulcans and Tick Tanks to Cyborg Commando and Grenade Thrower, all went right through it. Am I dreaming or is this how it is supposed to work?

It never blocked your own firepower, just that of the enemy except for ambientdamage= weapons which went thru.Wink
Go figure. Big Grin 2 Thanks.

(08.02.2009, 19:19:36)Apollo Wrote:
(08.02.2009, 18:59:32)DCoder Wrote: Okay, now I'm confused. I just played TS 2.03 with Firestorm active. The firestorm wall was completely useless at stopping any projectiles coming through. All it did was sit there and block the pathfinding. And incinerate any units that were sitting on it when it activated. No matter what, I couldn't get it to stop any projectiles, IgnoresFirestorm=no didn't help at all, nor did any other ideas I tried: all projectiles, from RPG Tower and NOD Lasers through Vulcans and Tick Tanks to Cyborg Commando and Grenade Thrower, all went right through it. Am I dreaming or is this how it is supposed to work?

It never blocked your own firepower, just that of the enemy except for ambientdamage= weapons which went thru.Wink

Well, this confirms what my brother thought all along.

"Firestorm is fucking shit"
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
How is it working on Ares now? Are the bugs fixed?
I mean the FS Wall
(09.02.2009, 02:53:05)MRMIdAS Wrote: Well, this confirms what my brother thought all along.

"Firestorm is fucking shit"

Sure... in standard TS it isn't very useful but for me, I modded it to run almost forever but lose fence power when its attacked eventually shutting down the shield wall Tongue
Also MRMIdAS you got it wrong, firestorm wall does block enemy fire but lets you fire through is what Apollo was trying to say
(05.03.2009, 19:30:59)Guest Wrote: Also MRMIdAS you got it wrong, firestorm wall does block enemy fire but lets you fire through is what Apollo was trying to say

I never said that.

I said firestorm was fucking shit.
I'll take "Unargumented claims" for $500, Alex.

Hey, it's just my opinion.

I loved C&C 1 & 3 & Red Alert 1 & 2.

Generals I grew to like.

Tib Sun and RA3 sucked IMO.
The firestorm wall also helpfully destroys any aircraft that fly through it in TS. Don't remember if you could make them ignore it like you could weapons.
yay! Banshee suicide bombs...
D, could you rig it up to play an anim for blocked weapon shots (possibly with direction, if not general would be good), it's just I can see people wanting this, plus it'd look cool.
(07.03.2009, 19:56:39)Lt Albrecht Wrote: yay! Banshee suicide bombs...
D, could you rig it up to play an anim for blocked weapon shots (possibly with direction, if not general would be good), it's just I can see people wanting this, plus it'd look cool.

It already does play anim for blocked shots in vanilla TS... the red anim on the fence.
oh, should have checked that first >.<