Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending AI(md).ini - scripting
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:
MRMIdAS Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:don't forget that the AI is kinda hardcoded to be a certain side, although i'm sure it is doable, this kind of change would require more than simply changing the AI file.

Not really, as you could just make everything build everything withing the mpunholymd.ini.

So instead of a prerequisite being say, GAWEAP,GAPILE. It'd be BARRACKS,FACTORY.

THEN have the mix AI file setup to take advantage of that.

don't forget that AI owning multiple factories leads to building more than 1 thing at a time.

I've found that giving the AI more than 1 MCV (through map scripts) the first thing it does is deploy all 4 (i had 4 sides) build 3 more construction yards for its own side, then sit there doing nothing untill you blow up the construction yards that arn't of its side, where it then goes mental building 4 of everything.

Yeah, thats why you set it as I said, so your opponent builds just ONE of everything, but gets access to all sides technology.

So building an Allied war factory, would let you build Rhino's, Lashers AND Grizzly's even without the Soviet/Yuri war factory, ditto all the other teams.
thats not really true unholy alliance mode then...

Messages In This Thread
Extending AI(md).ini - scripting - by DCoder - 18.06.2008, 06:55:22
RE: Feature discussion: Extending AI(md).ini - scripting - by Bobingabout - 10.07.2008, 10:18:02