Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd SpyPlane behaviour
1) This most likely happened because it switched the owner and the AI ordered it into attack mission. I don't know if the AI is able to make AircraftTypes do other stuff after they get MCed, but it seems a pretty standard behavior for the AI to send the MCed units to attack. Don't think it can be "fixed" in any way without dwelling too much into the AI, nor do i think that this behavior needs fixing.

I have a UnitDelivery SW in my mod that delivers 3 AircraftTypes, and if the AI uses it, they obviously don't attack, just sit where they were spawned. However, sometimes i could get them somehow to retaliate when they were attacked by my units, and in some cases even started to attack my miner units. It appears to be more related to AircraftTypes or the AI itself than Spy Plane SW.

2) Aircrafts spawned by SpyPlane SW don't attack objects, but cells. Even if you order it to attack an object, it will still attack the cell under it. Since you can't repair the cell, I think this is the reason you get this behavior. If you want to have a repair SpyPlane clone, then you have to do it different way than giving negative damage on the aircraft's weapon.

Messages In This Thread
Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by WTBClan - 30.10.2012, 16:27:51
RE: Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by Mevitar - 30.10.2012, 17:03:49
RE: Odd SpyPlane behaviour - by WTBClan - 30.10.2012, 23:41:34