The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634)
I've been quiet a while trying to get a feel for whats what, and I've decided to be the cheerleader/coordinator/coder (tenuously, that last) for issue 000634. It seems to be fairly popular and fairly complex, and needing lots of consensus about what it should look like. I want to try to tackle it, but obviously I'm gonna need a lot of help. The main idea I'm following is at the Bugtracker.

So the first question: How should we divide the units into lists? The big idea I've heard floated about is centered around tech level. For example, making separate tech levels for light vehicles, heavy vehicles etc. By separating them into different lists within rulesmd.ini, I'm hoping we can get the game to allow different tech lists to build simultaneously, kinda like the war factory and naval yard units. Faster unit production is always a good thing.

The other interesting idea (IMO) I had was to also separate buildings into different lists and have different MCV options. If there were different levels of MCV's available (IE outpost, FOB, Complex, etc), it could make gameplay more nuanced and engaging. Getting an AI to recognize and utilize the new options would be a chore, but I figure we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Even if no one likes the idea, cares, etc, I think it would be good to consider this issue just on the basis of ideas generation. Let me know what ya'll think!
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by Steel Mirage - 02.06.2011, 09:14:42
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 02.06.2011, 19:16:40
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 03.06.2011, 06:04:19
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 04.06.2011, 11:46:00