Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent: Syringe dependencies on Windows XP
(22.04.2011, 13:40:05)AlexB Wrote: If the problem isn't solved yet, can you try to rename Ares.dll to AresX.dll (but leave the Ares.dll.inj untouched)? If you launch Syringe now, does the same message appear?
You can also try to run Syringe as administrator, if you haven't already done so. Syringe might use some rights only admins have (it is injecting code into another program, which can be quite malicious).

I am sorry, I had to make things running quicky and had no time to answer your questions. I tried to set both compatibility modes to Win 2000 (normally, no compatibility mode will do), but that did not change anything. The C++ 2010 redistributables did not help, too. If I rename Ares.dll to AresX.dll, still nothing happens. The application quits within a second.

I heard from two other people, that Syringe + Ares worked on naked Win XP. So fortunately, it does not seem to be a general problem.

Result of the lan session: about 5 hours of YR + Ares with seven players using my new mod, which uses a lot of Ares features (e.g. new armor types, custom ivan bombs, tank drops, Air-to-Air combat, survivors, emp,...). In about a dozen matches, no IEs or REs occured. No change in game speed compared to plain YR.

Game speed has always been a problem in LAN games. I am going to open a new thread for that issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Urgent: Syringe dependencies on Windows XP - by GMBigB - 23.04.2011, 12:07:31