In Ares 0.5
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul
(15.03.2010, 08:39:47)Renegade Wrote: SubjectToTrenches has been implemented for weeks. Do you even keep up to date?
Last time I tried it was in revision 284 and it didn't work. I haven't tried since then because I didn't see anything in the revision notes mentioning anything about SubjectToTrenches=.

Can you seriously stop jumping the gun on assuming on every freaking occasion that I'm a dumbass, and maybe think for a second that you're not the only intelligent lifeform on this planet? I hate to be a bit rude here, but honestly... Ever since you first replied to any simple question I have made in these forums I have been met only with an extremely condescending attitude and pretty much total ignorance to the actual question itself. I have never been confronted with such rudeness in any other place I have ever gone forum-wise; administrators are naturally expected to welcome new members and help them get oriented and situated and comfortable with the proceedings in the forum, you don't expect to be chased away by condescending and rude admins when you enter new forums.

Can you just cut the crap and give me a straight answer when I ask something? I really hate it when I have to weed through miles of bull**** snarky remarks just to find that the real answer to the question isn't even there in complete form.

And don't even try to say I'm a minority; I've read several threads on these forums, new and old, where you drive away myriad new users simply because of your hostility towards those who are less familiar with exactly what you guys are doing here. You honestly can't expect every new incomming user to spend hours perusing every inklet of information posted on the renegadeprojects forums. You can't expect every new user to have expert knowledge in how to program things like Ares; that's what you do and what we're all here for.

So that being said, can you please just have a little bit of common decency and respect for the people who populate your community?

Quote:And no, it doesn't damage the building. Quite the opposite. Sounds like you didn't read the issue for that, either.

If I didn't read the issue, then how would I know about the tag itself? And yes, I DID read the footnotes.

How about this then; could we possibly have the flag damage building instead of occupants, instead of the bullet simply bouncing off and doing no damage (which if you think about it, is ridiculous, considering all the scenarios, and I mean from a gameplay perspective)?

Quote:Also, how is one additional flag too complicated?

Not the one flag, just the way it's implemented... I understand that's the way that came to you just then, but I think that at least there may be a more... controllable way to implement sharing of damage between occupants. I can't give you a specific idea right now as it hasn't really reached fruition, but I'll think more on the issue...

Quote:And the same as above for ClearBuilding...the issue is even linked! Read the requests before you ask what they do! It would be like Assaulter=, only on a Warhead.

I read the entire issue, yes all 3 footnotes where basically what you did was say what bull**** the issue was and you completely ignored the actual idea he presented, while imposing upon HIM, the person with the idea and the request in the first place, your idea of how it should be done. There wasn't a whole lot of real substance discussed on your part and what the hay, the issue wasn't even discussed to finality. Who knows if the OPer wanted something extra besides a ranged assaulter= logic?

He did say he wanted it linked to the PassThrough system, which is something I mentioned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul - by WoRmINaToR - 17.03.2010, 08:15:54