The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current EMP logic
I wasn't exactly sure if this place or the bugtracker would be a better place to post this, as it's not exactly a bug, not exactly a feature request. I just want a little more info on how you guys wired up the EMP logic.

I have been testing it around and I noticed that in Ares, as opposed to RockPatch, EMP duration stacks when an EMP'd unit is fired upon by another EMP-inducing warhead. Do you currently have any way to work around/disable this? If so, that would be great because the EMP duration stacking interferes with my current EMP behaviours, as I am trying to get a weapon that continuously keeps a unit under EMP effect, but if it stops firing its EMP weapon (with a ROF of 10, EMP duration of 15; this worked perfectly in RockPatch), the EMP effect dissipates immediately on that unit.

(also please don't say make EMP duration equal to ROF value, because that has its own share of problems)
If there isn't a way to disable this, I suppose I'll post it in the bugtracker as a request.

Also, I have noticed that EMP tags do not get parsed on shrapnel projectiles. For instance, if I fire an EMP prism tank-like laserbeam that shrapnels into a bunch of smaller lasers with EMP tags on them, only the parent beam will induce EMP; the smaller beams will not. Is this by design, or accident?

Messages In This Thread
Current EMP logic - by WoRmINaToR - 20.02.2010, 18:28:16
RE: Current EMP logic - by DCoder - 20.02.2010, 20:40:16
RE: Current EMP logic - by WoRmINaToR - 17.03.2010, 08:43:12