Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has somebody ripped RA2 sprites?
I got the latest wine version, 1.1.19. I tried installing RA2, I tried everything but it doesn't work.
RA2 has SafeDisk copy protection which will just quietly exit the installer, before the installer does anything.
No solution in wine app db. But if I had windows, I could install RA2 under it and copy the installation directory to wine.

But if I can extract all the game files from the CD, maybe I could build an RA2 install directory by hand on my hard disk?
Like installing it manually without the installer. Could somebody post me the directory tree of RA2 so I know where to put each file?

Whoops, this topic isn't about playing RA2 under wine. It's about extracting the voxels and converting to 2D sprite sheets.

I'll see what I find from the CD now.

Edit:
I made backups of RA2 & YR CDs onto my hard drive, googled some tools and found everything I need.

But the colors of most graphics are messed up: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1645/...roblem.png
If I extract the sprite as a PNG the colors might be correct or like in most cases, they are still totally messed up.
XCC Mixer version is 1.2.1, if it's a bug in that program.

Also, how can I render those voxel vehicles into a sprite sheet from many angles with animation?

Wow, while looking at those pictures I hear the voices of units, music and sounds from RA2 in my head. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has somebody ripped RA2 sprites? - by Guest - 20.04.2009, 17:20:49
RE: Has somebody ripped RA2 sprites? - by jimmyjey_x86_64 - 21.04.2009, 13:12:10
RE: Has somebody ripped RA2 sprites? - by Tempest - 22.04.2009, 12:25:30