Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some AI work
Dracaveli - could you give a link to the post where you wrote about that building offset ? Yeah, I don't want to use that delay thing because you have to time it out just right and do it individually for all of them, and it can easily go wrong depending on the distances involved. I'm not sure how changing the max= value or DissolveUnfilledTeamDelay= would help because it only needed one of each TeamType I was using, and the teams definetly weren't being dissolved before they had any units, because the later ones were created by units joining them. Also I thought DissolveUnfilledTeamDelay= was the maximum time it could take until the first unit was in a team, not for the team being totally created ? Like I thought it was used when several teams were queued for creation and if it didn't get a unit into one of them in the set time limit then that TeamType was removed from the queue ? Also has anybody messed with the tag in rules that is like "FillEarliestTeamFirstProbability=" ? Its default is 100, so it always fills the earliest team first, I'm wondering if it was changed how would it decide which team to fill first ? I'm hoping it would use the team's Priority= tag or some other logic that's easy to get at. Also how would the percentage work ? My guess is that it uses the given percent for how often it fills the earliest team first, and the rest of the time it uses its other build order logic.

DCoder - Yeah, that was me, I don't think I got anything to work by changing those, but I might try a few other things. My original guess was that they were used for multiple conditions for the trigger, but when messing with them I realized theres only one field for the name of the object that sets the trigger off, I tried putting different brackets around more than one object name and forcing an array in there, but it wasn't working out. They might be for setting ranges on the trigger parameters with the same object type, like more than 3 power plants AND less than 7 power plants, I need to look at some stuff and try to test this. Hopefully I don't get distracted before then, I always work on this modding stuff for like a week or so then go off and do other things for several months and come back to it.

I'm still fascinated by Deezire's Deevious AI and am working through it to figure out how some of the stuff works. I'm pretty sure there's some stuff in there thats not explained in the guide. One thing I ran across while looking through the scripts is it looks like those building offset numbers are used in a deliberate way, like multiple scripts where the only difference is the offset added to the building number, and a bridge fix/destroy script that has the command to move to / attack the bridge repair hut for each of the different offsets. Also there's a lot of stuff in there for transport teams, I'm thinking the triggers for them might be set at low default probabilities, but then when all land access routes are blocked it knows to skip ground forces and only use teams that have the right MovementZone= tags on some of the units, possibly by making use of the "OnTransportOnly" tag or whatever it is in the TeamType properties.

Also there's a hell of a lot of Scout(48,0) commands in the scripts in that AI, so I'm thinking it must work to a degree. I'm guessing the guide is wrong where it says it moves in a random direction, I'm thinking it tries to move to a random location and if it picks a spot that's inaccessable it doesn't go anywhere. I'm going to try to isolate some of the interesting looking scripts in there and pull out the corresponding Triggers, Teams, and Taskforces and test them on there own to see how some of the stuff works. I looked through it earlier to see if there were any Change Team or Change Script commands, but there weren't. I did notice that many scripts with transports used the same first 5 commands. I got an idea from that - If it was different and you had several scripts where the last several commands were the same, or you just wanted to give some teams a default backup mission then you could just write a general attack script or whatever, then add a Change Script action to the end of their specialized or primary script that jumps to the common or backup script.

Well, I've got a good amount to work on, I'll try to get back soon with some results.

p.s. DCoder - is there a way I could get an older version of the AI Editor ? I have the one from your site V2 (.68) and it doesn't list all the TeamType properties in a way I can see them, and it doesn't have the selectable script actions. I used to have a version that had all that stuff working, but it got deleted. Right now I'm having to go back into my AI file with notepad to change a bunch of the TeamType properties.

Messages In This Thread
some AI work - by matt7785 - 20.07.2007, 02:45:40
RE: some AI work - by Dracaveli - 20.07.2007, 07:05:50
RE: some AI work - by DCoder - 20.07.2007, 07:56:36
RE: some AI work - by matt7785 - 20.07.2007, 20:08:38
RE: some AI work - by DCoder - 20.07.2007, 20:29:52
results + more ideas - by matt7785 - 23.07.2007, 22:25:59