Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Wanted: Project Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm apparently useless at keeping any deadlines. So, I'm strongly looking for someone crazy enough to take up the aforementioned position and be in charge of keeping schedules, slapping me around when I'm lazy, and doing other work like that. It would be extra awesome if said person had some familiarity with the build process Ares uses, as that way he (she?) could actually deploy a release without me, but it's not a requirement.

I really want to see Ares come to life, but I just suck at getting the management side actually done. Bang head against wall Sorry, guys.
I could give it a shot if you want, though I'm not sure how brilliant I would be at slapping people around. Tongue
I promise to nag you on IRC, apart from that nothing. Tongue
I don't think my 'right hand' can reach you from where I am (literally POLES apart XD ), but I can sure do it if your PC has a built-in mechanism that slaps the user if I type it Tongue...

as for the extra awesome part, I don't have a clue what you were talking about in that sentence.. (that is, if its not talking about uploading a file to the web Tongue.. is it?)
(09.04.2009, 20:33:28)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]he (she?)

lol.

no girls on the internet, especially not into modding C&C, and definately not into exe hacking C&C

*waits for all the secret girl posters to make themselves known*
I'm actually quite interested in such a job but I don't think I've got enough time right now, also I lack some technical knowledge (which can be fixed in a short time). I'd like to propose a whole team with different positions which maintains Ares: Coder (only one?), spokesman, release maintainer (who builds the release packages, update&setup routines), manager (the guy which pokes DCoder and tries to figure out what the next step should be).
(12.04.2009, 16:35:50)MRMIdAS Wrote: [ -> ]
(09.04.2009, 20:33:28)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]he (she?)

lol.

no girls on the internet, especially not into modding C&C, and definately not into exe hacking C&C

*waits for all the secret girl posters to make themselves known*

Actually we are all women. There is even a hidden forum where we make fun of you secretly for being oblivious to the fact you are the only male modder of C&C games. I can't believe you've not picked up on all the subtle clues we all keep leaving, but I guess its true that guys just don't do subtle.
LOL @ Blade.

Gordon's suggestions are good, but I think time restraints are going to be the biggest problem - we're not in highschool anymore... (Though I have good news, too- the Ares version I'm trying to get put the door right now is practically ready, I just need a kick to put on the finishing touches.)

How's your timetable looking for the near future, Nighthawk?
Quote:How's your timetable looking for the near future, Nighthawk?
As joyous and exciting as a barren desert. Tongue

I can do some random spam telling you to hurry up
(13.04.2009, 17:49:26)DCoder Wrote: [ -> ]but I think time restraints are going to be the biggest problem
That's why a proposed a team - let's split the work to save some time!
(13.04.2009, 22:18:38)gordon-creAtive Wrote: [ -> ]That's why a proposed a team - let's split the work to save some time!

Agreed! I would be glad to be of any help here... Is one of the new features taking longer than expected? Maybe a first release with less features could be useful for a pre-beta testing?

Ps: Gordon, according to your sig, your penis is getting bigger than Nighthawk200's... Way to go to beat Dcoder's! ^^
(Ladies and) Gentlemen, please welcome Nighthawk as the new Project Manager!

Anyone else who feels they can contribute in some way, please don't be shy. News posters? Artists for a logo, website design, etc.? Writers to update ModEnc's Ares pages?

Guest, I'd be a lot more interested if you could sign your posts Wink
Ah, that reminds me. How do you want Ares's flags to be treated on ModEnc - separate pages for each flag like the normal game? Or just leave them off ModEnc?

If it's the latter, then the Ares image may as well be removed from the flag template, since it won't be used.
I could slap you around to make sure the releases are released on time. Also, may I name the releases? I have a few ideas for them already:
Ares FE (First Edition)
Ares SMUHTV (Super Mega Ultra Hyper Turbo Version)
Ares LGICLE (Lime Green Ice Cold Lemonade Edition)
Ares TLB (Tesla Lightning Build)
Pages: 1 2