Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship Out Of Water Bug
Demon Red Storm Wrote:All right, this one is weird. My friend and I found this one a year or so ago...

First off, ignore thoughts about why you would actually do this...my friend and I put ships on the ground in a lunar theater map. They cannot move at all and would attack players who came close. As the game has NO problem with ships on land, we reasoned everything would go smoothly...until we actually tried to move the ships. I used a Magnetron to move one of the ships. It worked fine until the ship was ~1/2 of the way between its starting point and the Magnetron affecting it. Then, we got an IE window. We tested it about three times, and concluded the problem was the Magnetron's weapon. The INI was not modded at all, either. However, I think this problem could translate to more places...this is untested, but what if you MagBeam'ed a ship over land? Would this bug still apply? And, if it does, how would it be fixed? Anyone have any ideas?

This is a .ZIP file with the map inside:
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">MagneMap.zip (Size: 13.79 KB / Downloads: 372)
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
DCoder Wrote:Magnetronning ships onto land works fine, they simply explode when they fall and touch the ground. As for your bug, an except.txt would be useful in finding its cause and/or fixing it.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]