Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it."
Marshall Wrote:Several notes of caution.
The UMP and TX aren't officially 'finished' - there may be updates to these later.

Nothing prevents them from being updated after the patch.

Quote:I don't think it would be well received to suggest that there would be multiple "official" patches released in future.

Again, before assuming anything, I would negotiate with APOC and this could be easier if we get a stronger community support.

Quote:I don't think balance changes are a good idea if they aren't officially official - everyone will have their own thoughts on what changes should be made.

I think we'll have to incline to the ballance changes suggested by the XWIS players.

Quote:The TX is very large - if people are happy for the patch to be huge then we might as well include the official map packs too. And from there it's not much of a leap to bundle loads of other stuff too.

It's not very big for today's connections and you don't need to include any maps with it, to be honest. Many community maps are already compatible with it.

Quote:I think that the only viable content for such a patch would be the UMP fixes. Note that the TX includes some building shps that are also present in the UMP (in fact I think the UMP even has a fixed fixed version of one that is in the TX) so at least the TX could stop including those.

I still think UMP + TX would be a better idea.

Quote:I should also point out that without any exe changes in this official 1.002 patch, the game menu would still say "Version 1.001". So much for official-looking huh?

Errr.. I'm not that stupid. When I said no exe change, it means anything that changes the source code of the game. Changing 1.001 to 1.002 wouldn't affect Rock Patch, NPatch, etc... and doesn't affect the official YR source code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it." - by Banshee - 13.02.2008, 22:25:32