Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it."
Banshee, I wouldn't say that I had agreed to anything. Right now this is a hypothetical discussion. If anything I am quite some way from being convinced that this would be a good idea.
Of course I have no objection to anything from the UMP being used if this patch goes ahead.

Several notes of caution.
The UMP and TX aren't officially 'finished' - there may be updates to these later.

I don't think it would be well received to suggest that there would be multiple "official" patches released in future.

I don't think balance changes are a good idea if they aren't officially official - everyone will have their own thoughts on what changes should be made.

Possibly some of the "extra" UMP fixes would be candidates for the patch, I'd take a vote on those (but then again, I'd take a vote on those for the UMP regardless).

The TX is very large - if people are happy for the patch to be huge then we might as well include the official map packs too. And from there it's not much of a leap to bundle loads of other stuff too.

I think that the only viable content for such a patch would be the UMP fixes. Note that the TX includes some building shps that are also present in the UMP (in fact I think the UMP even has a fixed fixed version of one that is in the TX) so at least the TX could stop including those.

I should also point out that without any exe changes in this official 1.002 patch, the game menu would still say "Version 1.001". So much for official-looking huh?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it." - by Marshall - 12.02.2008, 20:23:32