Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch
gordon-creAtive Wrote:
  • The most important thing - I think- is a new multiplayer protocol that works with TCP/IP instead of IPX. On all LAN parties we made I guess 70% of all tries to play RA2 or YR failed because of that IPX protocol.
i agree, this could be considered "Vista Support", since it has no IPX/SPX
Quote:
  • YR should have the ability to use custom menu skins or to edit the menu completely, maybe like winamp skins or steam resource files. This would be very useful for modders and would solve the problems which occurred with third campaign button or the deactivated single player campaign button.
whats the point, just mod in some new graphics
Quote:
  • YR also needs an new server browser. The Internet menus are chaotic, some buttons are useless and you aren't able to see what mods are played
this is because the game wasn't designed with mods in mind, however, this would require a lot more modding gamemd.exe...
Quote:
  • Maybe a commandline option to start mods would be useful. Example:
    Code:
    RA2md.exe -game mentalomega
    Again steam as reference.
this is how the conversion started that resulted in marshal making his new mod manager...
Quote:
  • I think it could be usefull to add a plugin system like AdminMod/AMXMod/AMXModX to YR. With these plugins multiplayer games will be much more amazing like it is in Counter-Strike
again, YR wasn't designed for mods... we are basicly abusing the update system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch - by Bobingabout - 08.07.2007, 16:44:35
RE: Thoughts abaout ZPatch/SwizzlePatch - by VK - 08.07.2007, 23:12:08