Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread

Today I will start to do RP 1.10.
Here official development thread of RP 1.10.
I will post messages about current development status here and screenshots.
Several important messages will be duplicate in news thread.
Also, if I will have any questions, I will ask community opinion here.

But this don't mean that no new revisions (for RPCE, RPCE74) will released.
If someone will find a bug or error, if it's easy to fix that, I will make new revision.
This because I want to make RPCE the most stable of RP.

It can be pretty funny, but I want to release RP 1.08 SE #0035 with new installer, because several mods still needs it (like MO 2.0a©).
If you remember you must install first revision of RP 1.08 SE and then update it up to #0035.
Also new installer will be compatible with Launch Base®.

I can't give you any kind of warranty that RP 1.10 will stable.

It's a hard hacking, awful reality.
After a lot of new code, you can find that your code is totally bullshit or this don't work at all or is working strangely/incorrectly.
Yes, I have a revisions. So I can simple replace my current EXE file by old revision.

Queue of done things
0.Upgrade SW, EMPulse SW, HunterSeeker
1.Fourth side complete support.
2.More armor types
3.Different Warhead things

and another thing:
RP 1.10 will be released in two variants:
1)For users
2)with RP 1.10 MDK (Mod Development Kit) for modders
RP 1.10 MDK will include:
1)Help
2)Examples
3)Different tools (like RGB<->HSV, possible some community tools)
4)RP 1.10 Installer

However this message haven't good English
It will be pretty good, if you correct it/improve my language.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:But this don't mean that no new revisions (for RPCE, RPCE74) will released.
If someone will find a bug or error, if it's easy to fix that, I will make new revision.
This because I want to make RPCE the most stable of RP.
Did you looked at the IE expect messege on CE74? Was it the patch or my codes?

Quote:However this message haven't good English
It will be pretty good, if you correct it/improve my language.
I did understand everything Smile
CnCVK Wrote:I can't give you any kind of warranty that RP 1.10 will stable.

It's a hard hacking, awful reality.
After a lot of new code, you can find that your code is totally bullshit or this don't work at all or is working strangely/incorrectly.
Yes, I have a revisions. So I can simple replace my current EXE file by old revision.
this is why OTTD has what it calls nightlies, these are working alpha versions, not guaranteed to work, and many people use them to play regularly, meaning, bugs are quickly found.

i know this is no OTTD project, but, something simular to TTDP maybe? they regularly (once every week to month) release an alpha, then after significant progress has been made, release a beta, before finally releasing the stable(which would be like releasing RPCE as an alpha, revisions as alphas and some betas, then #0050 as a stable calling it RPCE(or 1.09)).

Message by Renegade: Fixed your quote.
CnCVK Wrote:Queue of done things
0.Upgrade SW, EMPulse SW, HunterSeeker
1.Fourth side complete support.
2.More armor types

can you give any details on how will the UpgradeSW work? are you planning to make something like in Generals (one-time-only, click on the icon then drain some money and start charging? ) or something different?
Quote:1.Fourth side complete support.
2.More armor types
i'm not sure exactly how these more armour types work, since you mentioned it not being on the verses tag. and what other warhead things?

since they are "Done" can we have any details?
Quote:since they are "Done" can we have any details?
None, this isn't done Unhappy
I wrote that I will start from SW, then will do another things.

Quote: know this is no OTTD project, but, something simular to TTDP maybe? they regularly (once every week to month) release an alpha, then after significant progress has been made, release a beta, before finally releasing the stable(which would be like releasing RPCE as an alpha, revisions as alphas and some betas, then #0050 as a stable calling it RPCE(or 1.09)).
It will go with the same way as RPCE, except that I will write about current progress Wink
Quote:can you give any details on how will the UpgradeSW work? are you planning to make something like in Generals (one-time-only, click on the icon then drain some money and start charging? ) or something different?
like in ETS Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

1. we know nothing about ETS, since its not on this forum. atleast i know nothing about ETS, i cannot access PPM anymore.
2. you wrote "Queue of done things". "done things" means things that are already done. so, you can see how we thought that you'd done it already.
http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/N...e:_Upgrade
so it adds an effect that can be listed on elite/veteran abilities?
The RP 1.10 is suspended for unknown time.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

awww... lol.
and you not going to give us a reason?
until someone will delete this ModEnc page.
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockPatch:Versions
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Hmm, you are stubborn enough to refuse any argument about your versioning habits, yet you throw a tantrum when someone does the same and refuses your argument. Good game.

Just for the record: I'll watch this "clash of the titans" from a safe distance. Don't ask me to revert/block/unblock anything related to this nonsense.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
They should each make there own revision pages since neither of them can accept the others view. As a argument like this will not get anybody anywhere. VKs unorthodox system vs Rens fantasy numbers. Ren should know VK wnt change his mind and VK should know Ren wants his way. Argh its just a system of release lol.
CnCVK Wrote:The RP 1.10 is suspended for unknown time.

CnCVK Wrote:until someone will delete this ModEnc page.
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockPatch:Versions

WTF? why do you act like a child?
remove it by yourself Dark &amp; Evil