• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE #0042
Rock Patch Celebration Edition Revision #0042
released!
Changes:

*Save/Load fix
*Drop Pod don't elite now
*Palette fix
*Palette name must be with .PAL ext (old versions of RP didn't need this) .

Download it here:
http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Rock%2...E_0042.exe
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Nice Smile
What version will you do next?
maybe RPCE #9999
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I thought the whole idea of getting rid of the Drop Podded infantry eliteness was that it would be optional. Is it optional here, or will it be in another revision, or will it ever happen?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:Is it optional here
No.

Quote:or will it be in another revision,
Revisions never add new INI tags -> no.

Quote:or will it ever happen
Maybe.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Please, fix the Droppod bug. Who cares if it copy from FS, this is Rock Patch not FS.
As I said in bugtracker sometimes they dont spawn.
CnCVK Wrote:*Palette fix
*Palette name must be with .PAL ext (old versions of RP didn't need this) .

doesn't this break original YR compatibility? this tag already exists on statue of liberty art.
Code:
Palette=lib
if you dont add .pal in art you get IE in Brute Loading Screen.
Default YR artmd.ini seems to work fine for me. However I still get an IE if I've saved and loaded a single player mission and then go to exit the game back to the desktop.
Quote:However I still get an IE if I've saved and loaded a single player mission and then go to exit the game back to the desktop.
IE or SWIZZLE ERROR?  This is different things.
Quote:Please, fix the Droppod bug. Who cares if it copy from FS, this is Rock Patch not FS.
OK. I will remove it in the next revision Big Grin

I will think about Palette tags and .PAL ext.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:OK. I will remove it in the next revision Big Grin

You mean to remove whole Droppod future?
Or the bugs?
Quote:Revisions never add new INI tags -> no.
SovietAdvancedPower comes to mind...

Also, don't remove the whole DropPod feature. That's the kind of backwards movement that has been said in the past. What TheMan means is that you should fix the targeting issue, whereby if you fire the SW at, for example, a small patch of land, no pods appear, or very few do. The solution is to have the same system as what FS had, and is similar to the paradrop system in RA2, if you fire the pods at an impassable location, e.g. water, cliffs or structures, the pods will just land at the nearest available point.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
when i or the AI gets a nuke from a crate and lunches it, the game crashes and it needs to be fixed
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:However I still get an IE if I've saved and loaded a single player mission and then go to exit the game back to the desktop.
IE or SWIZZLE ERROR? This is different things.

IE. I posted an except from it in the Revision #0040 thread. The game saves and plays as it should do, but when I go to main menu after playing and select exit to quit the game back to desktop, the screen stays black with only the cursor visible and if I alt+tab I find another window behind the RA2 fullscreen that is telling me about an IE. Seems pretty strange time for the game to IE though.
Actually, IE on exit can happen sometimes even with unmoded or unpatched YR\RA2\FS.