Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a weird one for you....
I made a flame tank that uses fire particles thus making a flame thrower type of weapon. Thing is the weapon doesn't burn veteran or elite units. It only burns non-promoted infantry. (I'm not using rock patch) Here's a screen of it:

As you can see, the tank nearest the nuclear reactor just fried some conscripts, but the one on the right won't die at all from the flames.

[Image: scrn0002xi4.png]

Here's the weapon code:

[FireStreamSys]
HoldsWhat=FireStream
Spawns=yes
SpawnFrames=4
BehavesLike=Fire
Image=TWLT036
Lifetime=30 ; was 100

[FlamThrow]
Damage=60
ROF=15 ;30 ;50
Range=4.50
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=1
Warhead=Fire
Report=Flamer
MinimumRange=1
UseFireParticles=yes
AttachedParticleSystem=FireStreamSys
;Burst=1

; napalm and fire in general
[Fire]
CellSpread=.5
PercentAtMax=.5
Wood=yes
Verses=600%,500%,200%,60%,30%,5%,200%,150%,100%,200%,100%
InfDeath=4
Sparky=no
Fire=yes ;This is from TS to melt ice.
ProneDamage=600%
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
that was a very strange problem, maybie its hardcoded
FireStreamSys calls FireStream to do the in-trajectory work, FlamThrow is only used by the direct impact spot (well, that is true for Railgun particles, maybe fire streams don't use the weapon's Damage at all...). FireStream has Damage=2 / Warhead=Fire , which means almost trivial damage. And the Veteran/Elite Armor multipliers on the Conscript reduce the already miniature damage to something less than 1, which is silently discarded.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
It works now. I changed Damage=60 to Damage=0 on FlamThrow, and then changed Damage=2 to Damage=3 on Firestream and that solved the problem. Now all I gotta do is work out the Versus for the buildings.
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]