Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell spread and buildings with large foundations
Correct me if Im wrong but the Cellspread= tag applies damage to multi-cell founded buildings once per cell it occupies? Basicly Ive found if you have a Damage=100 weapon containing a CellSpread=9 Warhead with PercentatMax=1 (assume 100% vs everything) and set if of on a Soviet Powerplant it takes a full 600 damage instead of 100. Is there any way to make a warhead only apply damage once the first time it encounters  a multi-founded building in its radius? Or do I need to hit the wishlist?
wishlist, and i supose it would need to be optional too...
hence why such weapons have low % against concrete and low percentage at max. e.g. nuke and lightning storm

This is more about common sense and logic, for instance artil shells do more damage against a easier to hit object i.e. large buildings
AlliedG Wrote:hence why such weapons have low % against concrete and low percentage at max. e.g. nuke and lightning storm
You cant really be exact with damage distribution that way. If you want a Cellspread weapon to damage a small 1x1 building with wood armor for the exact same amount as say a 3x3 wood building its not realy possible to do.

AlliedG Wrote:This is more about  common sense and logic, for instance artil shells do more damage against a easier to hit object i.e. large buildings

With Inacurrate the projectile dosent alway hit the target dead on and thus would make the building subject to the PercentatMax=  causeing more damage on a direct hit than a near hit. Doing exactly what you are discribing. I just feel there should be a way to control exact damage amounts for CellSpread and dictate that any given object would only suffer damage once per warhead incedent.

Bobingabout Wrote:wishlist, and i supose it would need to be optional too...
You mean like a tag on the warhead like DamageOnce=yes/no Smile
Sounds like it would be far too complicated to code (especially via the RP).
How would you determine which cell of the building is elligible for damage when hit by the cellspread? In your case, PercentAtMax is 1 so it is irrelevant, but in terms of code I imagine that the calculating algorithm doesn't care if it's 1, 0.5, or anything else.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I would say the nearest cell to the center of the warheads area of effect would be the damage calculating cell.

Oh well Smile