Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Reason we left DeeZire.net
DeeZire was a good modder and he did a lot more for the modding community than you give him credit for RB_ImGay. I'd say his mod was more of a testing ground for various things he'd got to work rather than a serious attempt at an expansion to the game, but that doesn't excuse putting him down with baseless claims. Like many modders he moved onto other things that interested him, I drift of now and then and don't exactly do loads of modding myself. I'm sure you'll get mored of modding RA2 eventually. Remember that his modding guide could be considered a fore runner of modenc and indeed much of the information was used to fill out modenc. Eventually those entries will get filled out with more information and corrected and updated, but even so that knowledge will have poured through many RA2 modders minds. That of course doesn't justify his moderators being arses and not listening to reason. The problems with DeeZires boards aren't directly his fault, its just that he's moved on and they are still there, but being neglected. I doubt there is anyone with the passion to moderator those properly now though, especially the RA2 ones. The "To anybody who still visits this place or was sent here thread" was IMO always a worded as a bit of a finger to the establishment, but to be fair it made a good point and shouldn't have been deleted as it was. Closed with an explanation and left to sink would have been a better solution if indeed any was really warranted.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence Bobing, like most people there are times I've read someones claimed to have 'researched' and quoted it when a similar question has been asked without testing it. I don't think there is anyone who hasn't got something wrong. I admire the few people who are actively looking at the collective wisdom and systematically testing it, I'll bet there is a lot we still get wrong. As for me moderating, be careful what you wish for. I might just follow you round censoring references to your mod all the time Tongue 2

Messages In This Thread
The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Renegade - 09.02.2007, 14:49:44
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by AlliedG - 09.02.2007, 20:15:57
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Blade - 10.02.2007, 01:23:03
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Renegade - 10.02.2007, 01:43:58
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Marshall - 10.02.2007, 02:40:51
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Whiteboy - 10.02.2007, 03:22:07
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Jeeves - 10.02.2007, 10:17:07
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by RB_ImGay - 10.02.2007, 23:56:09
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by Blade - 14.02.2007, 03:35:07
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by AlliedG - 14.02.2007, 12:49:16
RE: The Reason we left DeeZire.net - by RB_ImGay - 17.02.2007, 23:00:43