Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WW made Yuri mission? Wikipedia thinks so.
Question 
As of 17.15 GMT on 26th Nov 2006, Wikipedias YR entry seems to think that WW released a SP mission where the play could use Yuri. This seems like one of the many mistakes you find on wikipedia from time to time and was going to correct it, but I thought I'd ask around and make sure it wasn't just me that was oblivious to its existence.
Never heard of that, but then again I only joined the online world in Aug 2003... But mission:virus2 ("Hint: The Virus has a longer range than Snipers") seems related.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I have been around before Yuri and I don’t remember the mission. Also the game is not set up to handle single missions. So you may want to check with the author and see how he/she got this info.
Maybe it's referring to the Yuri co-op campaign
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Here is the old change.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
"Formorly"... somehow that doesn't make the poster look very credible IMO.

Quote:But mission:virus2 ("Hint: The Virus has a longer range than Snipers") seems related.

I'm sure that they were originally planning on a yuri mission, or maybe another training, 'cept with yuri. But no there is no mission, not even a hidden oneUnhappy. It would have been nice though...must have got bored or ran out of time or something...LOL
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
However,
E31.MAP, E32.MAP in MAPS01.MIX
E31.MAP, E32.MAP and SOV1U.MAP in MAPS02.MIX
is looking very strange...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Those look like early versions of some RA2 missions, plus they were on the RA2 disks, not YR... I would say those files are there simply because the monkeys at WW couldn't be arsed figuring out whether a file is supposed to be in the final release or not. Tongue

well, E31 and E32 would have been demos to play during E3.
How about Replacing this

The game introduced new types of military units on both the Allied and Soviet sides, as well as an entirely new faction, called "Yuri's Army" in skirmish and [[multiplayer]] games, but unusable in [[single player]]. Westwood released a single-player mission in which the Yuri side was playable on its website. However, it was later removed.

with this

The game introduced new types of military units on both the Allied and Soviet sides, as well as an entirely new faction, called Yuri's Army in skirmish and [[multiplayer]] games, but unusable in [[single player]]. Contrary to rumors Westwood never released a single-player mission for Yuri side. Some mod makers have made Yuri’s side playable in the single- player mode, But only available in there mods.
I've modified the wikipedia entry along the lines suggested by DJBREIT with a few slight changes to grammar and content.