Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image=WTF?
My latest test of YR nonsense, inspired by this topic.

Claim made in the topic:
Quote:... naval yards. I noticed that they seem to be hardcoded to be 4x4 structures. At least, if I change the graphic and try to have a naval yard of a different (smaller) size, it remains a 4x4 structure.
INI code:
rulesmd.ini:
Code:
[GAYARD]
Image=NAYARD
artmd.ini:
Code:
[GAYARD]
Foundation=2x2

[NAYARD]
Foundation=4x4
Ingame Result:
GAYARD uses the NAYARD cameo, image, and stuff, but has Foundation=2x2.

Conclusion:
If a section [rules_name] exists in art(md).ini, then it is preferred to the [rules_image_value] for loading certain properties. More properties like this remain to be discovered. I remember Cannis changing the spy sat code over the same issue with "hidden object tags".

Great code, Westwood. Blah

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
i had that problem ages ago, when i wanted to use GATECH and NATECH as neutral tech buildings that you can spy on, with GATECHB and NATECHB with Image=GATECH and NATECH, and on GATECH and NATECH having Image=somethingelse. GATECH still had a foundation of 3x2 and NATECH still had 3x3, even though the new ones should have been 4x3 and 4x4.
So in other words, foundation MUST be set through a structure's OWN art entry?
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
if an art entry by the same name as the structure entry exists, then it is used, if it doesn't exit, then the entry pointed to by Image= is used instead.
What I used to have a problem with when I started many years ago was for example:
[GATECH]
Image=NATECH in the rules.ini, but:

[GATECH]
Image=GATECH

was in the art.ini so sometimes the GATECH would look like NATECH or GATECH randomly... go figure.Wtf (disbelieving)
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.