Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide...
well, i haven't modded in over a year, so i don't know which files are in which .mix file

in the first collumn, you can navigate to your RA2 dir, then open up the mix files you want. If mixer knows where the directory is or sumthing, you can press "ctrl+f" and type the name of the file you're looking for. You can use the astric (*) as a wild card (ex: "*.ini" will get you every .ini file, and "b*.shp" will get you every .shp file that begins with "b")

then, in the middle collumn (you might have to expand it) navigate to the folder where you want to copy the files to or from. Then select the file you wanna copy (on either collumn) right click, then click "copy", or "copy as sumthing" to copy it over

navigation notes: folder labled ".." brings you to the folder the one ur curently in is in. In a .mix file (or .big file for generals), you don't have that, so you can either go to file-> close, or press backspace

i haven't used it in a while, so i don't remember that much about anything else. I could figure out the string editor and pallets, but i can't explain em now. If nobody else posts about the string editor, i'll try to do that tomorrow, but i dunno if i can, last day of summer vacation before school starts.

hope this helps a little, i could't figure out the xcc mixer in the beggining, friend helped over the phone
[Image: sigentith.gif]
Avi and sig by MrRuben

If you want a bit of PHP coding done, or a really basic consol based C++ or Java program, PM me, i'll give it a try

Messages In This Thread
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Amistat - 04.09.2006, 00:38:46
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 01:50:46
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Entith2290 - 04.09.2006, 06:12:58
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 14:29:21
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 14:49:08
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 11.09.2006, 16:35:33