The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide...
Sad 
I've been making a "casual" mod, which so far basically consists of little tweaks and alterations instead of whole new units and uber changes (my last mod did but I'm trying to keep it minimal this time) so I've just focused on fixing bugs, typos etc and trying to balance a few units that I've heard repeated complaints about.

Up until now I've only spent my time with the rulesmd.ini and artmd.ini but I really want to add gates back into the game (specifically Allied and Soviet as I don't want Yuri to have them since his defences are rock hard already) which means I need to put in the graphics and camoes.

Now, this is where my problem comes in. I have XCC Mixer (and if I can remember where I put it, XCC Mix Editor also) , I have the TS Gate Camoes (but I want to alter them to fit in more with their respective new owners) and I even have the Gate graphics from TS already altered to fit in Yuri's Revenge (to my understanding anyway, they were in a download zip on the XCC home page which stated they were ready for use in Yuri's Revenge already) so it seems like everything is pretty much done for me!

But...uh...I'm still not getting to grips with XCC Mixer. I've read various guides but I never quite get it right. Would it be possible for someone to put a really simple step by step idiots guide for how to do this? I'd majorly appreciate it.

(Also I am lacking any good photo editing software so I'm limited to paint, 56k doesn't let me get free trials of stuff either as downloads are too big...damn 56k sucks. So I'm stuck with Paint, meaning .jpegs are my best option for exporting the images I believe if that helps in any way).

Damn I feel stupid Bang head against wall

Messages In This Thread
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Amistat - 04.09.2006, 00:38:46
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 01:50:46
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 14:29:21
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 04.09.2006, 14:49:08
RE: Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide... - by Guest - 11.09.2006, 16:35:33