Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have done the impossible (CSF IE!!!)
Someone should test this out to confirm it:

If you remove ANY of the following strings from the csf, the game will IE during the loading screen of a campaign.

name:africans
name:alliance
name:americans
name:british
name:confederation
name:germans
name:french
name:arabs
name:russians
name:yuricountry
name:special
name:neutral

Even if you rename your [Countries] and you don't even USE these strings, you still need to have these EXACT strings in your csf or the game will crash.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
IIRC this is because of the logger, it tries to write the name of every possible country on the list into the log file. something i discovered when starting R:BOTH. (it had a total of 4 countries: Einstein, Russia Elite, Yuri Revolution and Civic Republic. plus neutral and special. i kept getting IE's because the strings were missing, i spent hours re-building the mod from scratch after spending 3 days making it in the first place without testing. after logging, and noting what was happeneing, and after i solved the problem, it was easy to see that it was crashing when the log file would write what countries can be selected.)

i think the orignal strings are used for the loading screens, these are hardcoded, and would probably only crash if you tried to load a country with a missing string. (any of the first 10 on the [Countries] list)
These strings are displayed on the skirmish or multiplay load screens, but not on the campaign load screens. When I removed these strings the game never crashed when I loaded a skirmish, only when I loaded a campaign.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
hmmm, dunno then.
Campaign also crashes if you have RP-made countries and their CSF names are missing.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
skirmish also does that D, like i said, i suspect its log related.