Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
Depends on how its implemented, since it may need to be able to overwrite any settings held in expandmd01.mix, but also might need to be able to be overwritten by higher numbered mixes. Using expandmd02.mix fulfills both needs.
I should collect more opinions about this.
Implementing rp.mix really shouldn't too much of a problem.

Also I need to know whether it'd be better to remove those campaign buttons and use the list instead.
The advantage is clear: you can have how many campaigns you want and besides the list a really good campaign debugging tool.
The only disadvantage I see is that the possible "eye-candy" of buttons is gone.
Thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
[Image: jsfml.png]
I love the list Big Grin 2 , but an INI flag giving mod authors the choice would be just awesome.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
the only thing that gives the mod author a choice at the moment is the Resource Hacker Tongue 2
I knew such an answer would come... so let's assume that won't be possible.
i got no idea how to move that slider around and how to make the buttons visible/invisible at runtime.
pd Wrote:the only thing that gives the mod author a choice at the moment is the Resource Hacker Tongue 2
I knew such an answer would come... so let's assume that won't be possible.
i got no idea how to move that slider around and how to make the buttons visible/invisible at runtime.
We can add new page with list box and "Load" button on it Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I vote for the best of both worlds option that CnCVK proposes Wink
doesn't adding resources enlarge the resource segment?
cause that wouldn't be good...

EDIT:
cool, it doesn't...
*experimenting*

EDIT 2:
that's too much effort now, I want this damn version to get out soon Tongue 2
I'll keep the list for now, sorry to the button-users

adding a new page sure is a nice option, but it takes a while, doesn't it?
correct me if i'm wrong.
Do you know how long ago I had that Yuri button made, dreaming of the day it would be seen next to the allied and soviet ones Unhappy
yeah, but it looks crappy without it, there are errors if you click on it when it's empty, and I don't have any way to fix that...
I vote for a campaign list like TS but some modders should not like this idea.
Then I would like vote for a mix, to do happy all the people:
What about include a tag in any .ini about load a campaign list or to show the 3 campaigns window (allied,soviet,bootcamp)? a tag like MoreThan3Campaigns=true/false or yes/no Smile
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
OK, problem SOLVED, here's the deal:

put ThirdCampaignButton=yes into the [General] section, and the campaign screen will look like in 1.07.
Leave it to no and the soviet button will be moved back to the center and the tutorial button will be moved beyond the moon and further.

Campaign list will stay out for now, maybe CnCVK can manage to get a new dialog working some time.

EDIT:
Ðroke just reminded me that we could also introduce a tag called CampaignList=yes instead of introducing a new screen.
if the flag is set, the buttons would be moved away, the slider control and the statics moved down, and the list would become visible.
it's a bunch of work, which I'm now planning to do for 1.09
Awesome.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
About resource section if need we can add ... new DLL file with resources or change unusedSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

pd have you looks into the debris bug?
and the suprise you was talking about, is it still in 1.08?
The new campaign options sound good to me, did you fix the aniamtion looping issue with the bootcamp button?