Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
The AI has no interest in prerequisites. Making the AI behave might be rather difficult.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Marshall Wrote:The AI has no interest in prerequisites. Making the AI behave might be rather difficult.
on buildings, it does seem to abay prerequisites once it gets passed its pre-programmed starting routine. ever notice before FourthPowerPlant= that the 4th AI would build 4th const yard, 4th power plant, 4th barracks, 4th refinary, 4th power plant, 4th base defence, 4th radar and 4th war factory, exit pre-programmed routine, 4th tech centre, 4th robot control, 2nd power plant, etc. wasn't too easy to figure out, but with the exception of power plants, most of the buildings do use the prerequisite.

for example, in R:ROTC, super weapons require the ADVANCED battle lab to be built, not just the standard battle lab. the AI will not build superweapons untill it has this second ADVANCED battle lab.

i have no idea why it used to build the correct power plant at the begining, the use the incorrect 1 later on. but in the pre-programmed stage, CDA used to have a power refinery and an ore reactor. the prerequisites sais that the power refinery was to be built first, but the AI built an ore reactor first.
why add a new prerequisites for 1,08? it should be for 1.09 so 1.08 can be realesed, and also, unit with TurretSpins=yes, when they get EMP, the turret still spins
Quote:why add a new prerequisites for 1,08? it should be for 1.09 so 1.08 can be realesed, and also, unit with TurretSpins=yes, when they get EMP, the turret still spins
It's not planed to 1.08Wink
Quote:The AI has no interest in prerequisites. Making the AI behave might be rather difficult.
I think AI will use new prerequisites system normally.
Because it use only one function which return true or falseSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

so, 1.08 almost done then?
Quote:so, 1.08 almost done then?
Yes.
I will send file to PD and he finish LStorm codeSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

TheMan Wrote:and also, unit with TurretSpins=yes, when they get EMP, the turret still spins
If you happen to get a chance to look at that can you check why when you set TurretSpins=no and your unit spins 180' some times the turret spins the opposed direction.

My mistake it was WeaponXTurretLocked = true
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:so, 1.08 almost done then?
Yes.
I will send file to PD and he finish LStorm codeSmile
So, great job! Thumbs up
Waiting for pd Smile
Check my C&C Renessans for YR on ModDB HERE
[Image: renubarcl5.gif]
[Image: rs.gif]
I can't wait any longer for Rock Patch. And great job!
hey any idea on how close(not an ETA, just percentage) till it's finished?
I think: 95%....
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Yay I can wait for that 5%
actually, looking at the list of features, if weatherstorm clone lighting effect truely is the last thing required, its more like 98% complete.

also, not that 1.08 is considered complete, and took a massive ammount of time. i think its about time we started reviewing the way you release these patches...

if you look at TTDPatch, they have 2 different patch releases. first is the "Official" releases, which would compair to 1.07, 1.08 etc. these are the things you'd tell people to use for mods. however, there is also a beta release, like a milestone release every month or so known as a beta, and a weekly release, not guaranteed to work known as an alpha. these beta and alpha releases are designed purely for testing and "Modding" development of new "NewGRF" files.(a NewGRF would be a mod package).(openTTD even has a daily release known as a "Nightly" and for a long time was even more stable than the stable release.)

basicly, i'm asking for a monthly beta and possibly even a weekly alpha, because currently, i'm sitting waiting around for 1.08 so i can start testing code i wrote for new features PD made like 2 or 3 months ago. and so is allied general with his mod AG:RH. and those are the only 2 i can be certain of, but probably a lot more modders who use RP are waiting around too.
i'm gonna work on the lightning storm stuff in a few hours after my driving lesson...
alpha/beta releases aren't a bad idea, though I didn't want to have 1,000s of different RockPatch versions so people would have to update everyday, so I limited the releases to key versions like 1.07, 107b, 1.08, etc.

what's true though is that it would be a great thing for modders.
I'm gonna think about it.
[Image: jsfml.png]
you'd probably name them in things like 1.08, then comes 1.09a1, 1.09a2 and so on, then 1.09b1. you might then want to release it as a 1.08b. the number could get upto like 1.09a20 before you finally release a 1.09.

big question would be. do you call them 1.09a1 or 1.08a1 between 1.08 and 1.09?

anyway, like i said, you'd tell people (as in players) to download 1.08 and 1.09, the "Stable" Major release. and use the minor releases for mod development and beta testing. probably add a warning saying "not recomended for general purpose gaming" or something. would be best in the form of a patcher, but i'm sure marshall doesn't want to have to do the whole patch release thing on a weekly basis.

the "Old way" of releasing it when it is ready was fine when you used to release a new version every month or 2, but like i said, me and AG are waiting to try new features you wrote over 2 months ago. like death anims, immunities and that bounty logic.